Nine

Kyle

Why is this movie so entertaining? I've seen it at least a thousand times and every time I laugh at how stupid it is.

I'm relaxing on the couch watching Nacho Libre with all of my siblings, minus Sky who's been stolen away by Jay. When all the "guests" headed home Jordan suggested we pull out this classic. You can't be a friend of the Bryants until you've seen it. I remember mom would try so hard to, well be a mom, and disapprove of it. But on one occasion she just couldn't help it and busted out laughing. I'm pretty sure she snorted up her water too.

Tori sits next to me, in command of the popcorn. I grab another handful. "Good day?" She asks me.

"Yeah it was fun." I reply between bites.

"What do you think of Avery?" We can never just sit and watch a movie, can we? I look over at Daniel across the room. His eyes are glued to the TV.

"I really didn't get to talk to her much, but she seems nice."

"Yeah she does. I think Daniel really likes her."

"Really?"

"Well for starters, he lets her call him Danny." I hear her smile.

"Psh, you're kidding." He mindlessly hates the name. I've no idea why. We use to call him that as kids. But one day he decided he hated it. "Maybe he's finally over the phase."

"Or maybe he's been over it, but is to prideful to admit it." Nah, Daniel's too chill for that.

"Well if he really likes her he better start explaining things. We don't know how she'll handle that."

"Unfortunately not everyone is as awesome as Dean." Tori teases. I give a laugh remembering when she told him. I think he was in shock for a while, but he loved Tori too much not to accept it and believe her. Maybe Daniel will be as lucky. I hope so, he deserves someone like that. This girl better not break his heart. He doesn't take relationships lightly. "You and June have a nice chat?"

"Tori." I say in warning. She laughs quietly and lets the conversation drop.

We watch the movie all the way through. Laughing at the same stupid parts and stuffing our faces with popcorn. After it ends Tori and I gather up all the bowls and trash and take them to the kitchen.

"So how're you doing?" She asks me, dumping the remaining corn kernels in the garbage.

"I take it you've talked to Sky?"

"Sky can't keep anything from me. Sorry."

"It's fine. And I'm fine too. We decided we'd tell Henri tomorrow."

"So what happened exactly?" I tell her what I told Sky.

"I don't think we should freak out yet. Did you ask Dean about the results from your dog?"

"As a matter of fact I did." She looks away from me at this.

"And?"

"He said it couldn't be determined."

"What does that mean?"

"Well, it could have been contaminated, but that's unlikely. Our machine could have malfunctioned too. But I doubt that as well."

"Is there a door number three?"

"Yeah, that the substance doesn't exist."

"That's impossible, right?"

"Nothing is impossible with us, Kyle. Just because it doesn't exist on this planet doesn't mean it doesn't exist on another planet. Say a planet a couple thousand years older than this one."