There are Others Like Me

Back in the Impala, finally. I was fumbling with the seatbelt connecter while Sam and Dean were discussing our next move after I had a vision back in the damn motel room. "I don't think that going to Roadhouse is a good idea right now, that's all," Dean said.

"Dean, it was another premonition. I know it," I told him. "This is going to happen and Ash can tell us where! Plus it could have a connection with the demon. They always do, man."

 "That's my point. There's gonna be hunters there and I don't think that running in announcing your some supernatural freak with a demonic connection, that's all."

"I've always been a freak."

"Have you always been a freak?" Sam asked me.

"Only if you think I've always been one."

"I think you've always been a freak."

"And I'm happy with that accusation because that makes two of us."

"You two are so weird," Dean commented.

"Why are you commenting? I got it from you."

 -------------------

I stayed between the boys as we walked through the Roadhouse and watched a couple of hunters clean their handguns. I bit my thumb nail and hugged myself hiding under Sam's arm until we reached Ash's door. "Hey, Ash?" Sam pounded on the door.

"Lynard! Open the door!"

"Hey, Dr Badass?" Dean asked through the door. Really? Ash opened the door and Sam covered my eyes.

"Winchesters'? Winchester..."

"Hey, Ash. Um, we need your help."

"Well, hell then. I guess I need to put my pants on," Ash stated. Now I get why I'm seeing black here. "Sorry, Emerson."

"Oh, it knows my name. You three converse, I'm going to talk to Ellen." I kept my eyes closed until I was turned away. Walking towards the bar, almost every friggin' hunter in the joint watched me. "Hey, Ellen," I greeted the woman cleaning a glass. She poured a soda and slid it down the bar to me. "Thanks."

"What are your brothers doing?"

"Waiting for Ash to put some pants on. Tell him he needs to keep the hygiene up, please."

Ellen laughed, "sure will. Keep on your toes."

I looked up at Sam and put my drink down and started drawing the logo of a bus company that I saw in the premonition on a napkin. Everyone in our little space bubble watching me. "That's it. Can we get a match on that?"

Ash typed a few words on a computer and scrolled along until he clicked. "Well, I got a match. It's the logo from the Blue Ridges bus line in Guthrie, Oklahoma."

"Great. Any demonic signs, omens or anything like that?" I rested my cheeks in my hands, elbows on the bar.

He tapped a few more times, "no, ma'am. Nothing. No demon."

"Ok. Um," I read Dean and Sam's faces silently. They have no idea what I'm about to do. "Search Guthrie for a house fire. Would have been in '91, started in the baby's nursery. On the night of the kids six-month birthday." Ash looked at me like I had just grown three heads. Dean looked around while Sam sorta tensed up.

"Ok, that's just weird. Why the hell would I be looking for that?"

I forcefully placed Dean's untouched beer in front of him, "'cause there's a PBR in it for you, Lynard."

"I don't know how much longer I can stand being called that but give me fifteen minutes."

 -------------------