Locked In

Towards the end there is a depression trigger. I'm not sure if you would call it a trigger but I thought that for anyone's benefit, I would warn you. Also, if anyone would like to vent, just shoot me a message here or on my Tumblr, walkingthe-blvd-of-broken-dreams.tumblr.com , because I care about you guys and I don't want to see any of you hurt. Anyway, enjoy!

With love, xxE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi, uh, so sorry to bother you but my, uh, daughter snuck out of the house last night and, uh, went to a Justin Timberlake concert. ... What? Yeah. No, Justin is quite the triple threat. Uh, anyway, she's not back yet, and I'm starting to worry. ... Right. Girls will be girls. But see, Emmy is a diabetic and if she doesn't get her insulin. I have to find her. Please, I'm begging you. ... Yeah I'm on the website right now. I just need to activate the GPS in her cellphone. ... Yeah. Duluth, Minnesota. ... Yeah, that is a long way to go for a concert. I appreciate your help."

Sam looked up, "she's in Duluth?"

"Yep and just calculating the distance between here and there... 6 hours and 14 minutes by car. There's also a train line that goes from here to Canal Park Drive along the river there."

"That would only take about 4 and a half hours express," Sam explained.

"What's wrong with her?"

"I don't know, man. Let's go find out." Dean thanked the motel manager.

"I hope you two find your daughter."

"Sorry, we're closing up."

"How about one for the road?"

She turned, her look not exactly welcoming. "It's illegal for you to be in here."

"But it's after hours. I'm only looking for a soda and I have over 21 supervision."

"Fine. A soda. So, what're you doing here, Em? I mean, your brothers and I didn't exactly part on the best of terms."

I looked at Jo, who had given me a glass and was now furiously scrubbing the bar.

"Right," I answered. "Well, that's why I'm here," I said taking off my jacket. "I kinda wanted to see if we could square things, you know?"

Jo eyed my forearm, noticing a circular burn mark with a short line through it.

"That looks like it hurts," she said.

"No," I replied, "just had a run in with a hot stove that's all."

"So you were saying something about squaring things? I think you're a little too young to understand the situation between your brothers and I."

"They don't keep anything from me," I said. "Look, I know how you feel about my dad. And I can't say I blame you. He was obsessed, consumed with hunting. And he didn't care who got caught in the crossfire. And I guess that included your dad. But that was my father. That wasn't them."

"What about Dean?" she asked, walking around to clean the bar next to me.

"Dean's more like Dad than Sam is, but h-" I studied her off expression. "Boy, you're really carrying a torch for him, aren't you?" I asked with a chuckle. Jo scoffed, obviously uncomfortable. That's what I want to happen. "I'll take that as a yes. It's too bad. 'Cause Dean, he likes you, sure but not in the way you'd want. I mean, maybe as kind of a... little sister, you know? But romance, that's just out of the question. He kind of thinks you're a schoolgirl, you know?"