Caught

"I hate this plan," Sam whispered to his brother.

"I got that the first ten times I heard it."

What plan? There's a plan? What is the plan?

"I don't want her to get hurt in there, Dean."

"She won't, Sam. She'll be fine."

Where am I going?!

I threw the museum map on the table next to the glass case, assisting Sam in taking the decorative axe from the exhibition box. Behind us, Dean held a hooked dagger from the case on the opposite side of the room. Off in the distance, a window smashed. We got company. Great.

The boys put down the weapons and rushed out of the room into a hallway. I'm still confused about the plan and where I'm getting hurt.

In the hallway, we were confronted by two police officers, holding flashlights and handguns. Crap. In every exit that was open for our escape, the cops had blocked. "Put your hands on your head! Get on your knees!"

We followed orders complacently. With a father like ours, we knew that if we didn't, there would be serious consequences. Same situation with these guys.

When the cold metal held tight around my wrists, I flinched slightly. I'm gonna have a panic attack. We're caught and we're not going to be able to make it out of it this time.

-------------------

81A3828
LITTLE ROCK
CITY POLICE
LITTLE ROCK AR.

"Front."

I turned from the height board, seeing where I came up to, 5'5", and faced the lens in front of me. The camera guy not too bad looking, I grinned at him. "What time do you get off work?" I asked, tilting my head slightly.

"Shut up," he sneered.

I kept the big smile on as the camera clicked. The guy rolled his eyes and another officer dragged me away. "Call me!" I yelled back.

By the way that I was being dragged through the precinct, I guess that age or gender doesn't have a difference. I mean, I am an accomplice in three counts of first degree murder, why would I be treated differently?

I was thrown into a seat into an interrogation room. On my own.

Still confused about the plan. Was this part of it, getting thrown in jail? I remember reading a newspaper article about a guy who died in the prison nearby here three months ago but it wasn't anything suspicious as far as I knew. I thought that we were doing a ghost thing in th- No. They lied to me. They told me that we were doing another ghost thing and that we needed to get rid of a couple of things that it was attached to. We were going a ghost thing at Green River County Detention Center and Juvenile Hall, they only way to get in and help was to be caught. God, I can't believe this.

In Green River, they are some of the most notorious criminals and juveniles in Arkansas. From rape to murder to armed robbery. I can't survive in there unless I ally with someone or get separated from the rest of the inmates but knowing the weight of my previous charges, that won't happen. I'll be given the same crap and beatings that everyone will if I get in the wrong. Not that I'm not used to it. And to think that somewhere in the past week, I've turned 16. Happy Sweet 16 and as a birthday present, you're going to prison for the rest of your life.

Two men walked in as I was pacing back and forth around the room, redoing my hair in the one-way mirror. I turned to face them. Both roughly the same size as Dean, one with dark skin and the other with light skin and graying hair.