chapter 20: telling tales

8 WEEKS LATER
(Anna can walk)

Jonathon's POV:
"KIDS COME INTO THE LIVING ROOM" I scream over the intercom. 3 sets of feet come bounding in, crashing against the wooden floor boards. I take a deep breath and look at one of the hidden camera's, I hold Anna's thigh.

J- okay so kids we have something we'd like to tell you.
A- so when mummy was pregnant with Emanuela she was also pregnant with...
J- a little boy called Elia, Emanuela you're a twin!

At that moment Anna started to cry, she whimpered into my chest. "Where is he?" Wardo questioned getting up from his seat. "That's the catch, you see Elia passed away in the hospital" I explain, Anna still balling. "NO YOU'RE LIENG AND THAT'S BAD, YOU'RE BAD!" Emilia screams into my face. She got up and stormed out, Eduardo and Emanuela just sat there stunned. Emanuela started playing with her toys I kissed them both and Anna and myself went to find Emilia.

We were about to go up stairs when Eduardo ran up to us, "can I have a brother. Please, please, please!". I didn't know what to say but when i did he'd already ran off. We found Emilia crying in her closet.

Anna's POV
I asked Jonathon to leave so I could talked to Emilia alone, I explained Elia was sick and we would never lie to her or anyone. She nodded and we joined the rest of the family. "It's almost Christmas are you guys excited or what" I announced. "We wrote lists at school mummy, look" Eduardo said showing 3 envelopes. Emanuela snatched them playfully and handed them to me. "Will you send them to santa", "of course I replied".

Later that night

The kids were in bed and we read the letters to santa
Eduardo's said
Dear santa
I love my sisters very much they're alot of fun but for Christmas could I please please please please please please please have a brother
Love Wardo
The letter made me cry "what do we do" I looked at Jonathon. He shrugs, sleep on it and we'll talk tomorrow.