Nine

Jelani

After showing Raq my plans I'm not going to lie I was a tad bit pissed tf off. Just cause it didn't take me as long as it would have taken her, doesn't mean I rushed through it. But look who I'm talking to--a freaking perfectionist.

I took my laptop back and started fiddling with the floor supports and how I could modify them.

----------

It was around 8:20 when I got in my car. I waited for Raq there, until she came out the building.

Though once it was 8:45 I decided to text her to see what the fuck was taking her so long.

To: Cuzzoo

Whea you at???

From: Cuzzoo

I'm still in the office. Think ima work late tonight....I gotta lotta shit to finish up.

To: Cuzzoo

I could come help...Tht is why I'm here fam

From: Cuzzoo

Nahh, I got it. You gon home, kiss my babies for me.

------

If you were home you could do it yourself. I thought to myself. Shaking it off, I put my phone in the cup holder beside me before pulling off.

On my way to the house, I thought about why she didn't want me there. Maybe shes staying for Paper Gal. Oooooooooo Mya would have a fit if she even thought about it. However, I'm not in the business of being in or starting drama. And I love my cousin I wouldn't throw her under the bus.
I did want to know though. So, quickly i picked up my phone and dialed Raq's number, before waiting for her to answer.

"Hello?" She answered sounding frustrated. Stopping at a red light I asked her picking my nails "Are you fucking Paper Gal?" I heard her laugh before finally hanging up.

Lifting my phone from my ear I checked to see if this hoe really just hung up on me, or if my call had just dropped or some shit....

I guess she answered me.....YES
______

Mya

"Buenos días.......¿Cómo estás?....... Yo muy bien gracias..........."

I was singing a call and response to Bell, on the floor in the living room while Cita and Kayla were in the kitchen cooking.

Going over this with Bell was cute. Bell understands some words in Spanish, though not many just: Hola, Lo Siento (which she only knows cause Raq apologizes for some dumb shit frequently), El baño, amigo, bailar, gracias, muy, mucho and very little phrases like y tu and things like that.
So, I'm trying to teach her Spanish since she's going to hear it a lot, and I dont want her to grow up disconnected from her family.

Nonetheless, not to much longer after we high-fived Jelani came through the door........ Without Raquel. -_-

"Good evening everyone!!" She shouted sounding a bit tired. Bell and Kayla came running up to her knees hugging her.
"Where's Raq?" Raising an eyebrow I waited for Jelani to lie for her.
"Well hello to you too, Mya." She faked a smile before yanking her tie undone. "She's still at the building finishing up somethings she should be home soon."

Standing up I went to Jelani, and gave her a hug while greeting her properly, shortly after the girls ran upstairs. "I'm sorry, Good evening to you too" releasing her I continued. "But if she'll be back soon why didn't you stay with her. Weren't you there to help?"

Silence was evident between the two of us. "She told me not to wait up, and I didn't, I was ready to go home." She finally spoke up already my blood started to boil.

I just knew she was with that bitch.

Cita

I was stirring the red rice, when I felt Jelani behind me wrapping her arms around my waist. "Hey, baby." Her lips pressed against my neck, the way this woman sent chills throughout my body was crazy.

"How was your day, pa?" I felt her lay her head on my shoulder, while still firmly attached to my waist. "It was tedious and busy." Semi turning around, I planted a soft peck on her lips. "Well, you're home now, so just chill out." I went back to cooking.

Lowkey I wanted to know why Raquel didn't come home with Jelani. What was so tedious that she couldn't even accept help from the one who was sent to help her?

Shrugging it off I started seeing food on the kitchen table in the dining room. "Dinner's ready!"