Thirteen

Cita

Recognizing that Jelani was not calming down anytime soon, I released her and went to go get Kayla.

To be honest I really just want to leave and spend sometime with my baby.

In about an hour I had bathed her, clothed her, did her hair and I was on my way to feed her.

Once we were in the car that's when all the questions came.

"Mommy." Kayla looked at me through the rear view mirror. Her eyes were so pretty. Some times I just look at her and I realize she is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

"Yes, Pump." That was my nickname for her--Pumpkin.

"Why do everyone yell all the time at Tia's house??" She had a genuine look on her face, as did I because I didn't know how I was going to answer this question.

"We're all very passionate people, babygirl." I answered her question, while pulling out the driveway.

Taking off, my phone rang showing the caller: Daddy😍💞

Rolling my eyes I answered the phone, "What do you want?" I peeped away at Kayla through the rear view mirror.

"Where are you?" Jelani seemed to be just as mad as she was once I left.

"Out." I heard a sigh of aggravation coming from Jay but I really didn't give a shit at this point. She was trying to make me feel bad since she got caught. (doing what? I don't know)

"Cita! Where are you and where is my daughter!" I pulled my phone away from my ear and looked at the phone cause this COULD NOT have been Jelani raising her fucking voice at me like I'm in the wrong.

"Jelani last time I fucking checked she was our daughter. You and I both had her, so I took her out because I fucking can Jelani." With that being said I hung up and continued driving.

"Mommy what does passionate mean?"

Oh Boy.

Jelani

"Sometime she just make me wanna strangle her!" I got loud and my accent slipped out. I was riding with Raquel to work, we noticed Cita leaving while we're were downstairs about to hop in the car.

Raq seemed fairly calm while I'm heated. I'm usually calm cool and collected but today Cita really got under my skin with that shit.

All her shit.

"I mean you're marrying a Rican, she's gonna be feisty and fiery. Plus she has a point as well as you do." Starting to calm down I began listening to her.

"Trust me I know how it feels to be accused and pushed to your limit by your own girl."

Interrupting her I looked at her "But when you don't come home and don't want me to help at work while you work late, it seems really suspicious."

She didn't even try holding back herself from rolling her eyes. "And it really looks like you're fucking my girlfriend, when she ironing ya clothes and shit."

I took a deep sigh and spoke. "Believe it or not I don't care. She asked me if I wouldn't mind her doing it and I thought hmm, she's going through alot recently why not give her something extra to do? I don't want ya girl buddy."

Glancing at me her face began to have concern written on it. "What is she going through?"

I could really just punch this nigga in gotdamn jugular for asking that dumb question. As usual I tried to remain as collected as possible, "It's a real burden on her when you don't come home. When you only see your daughter on the weekend. She wants you to step up and be a mom and to be a wife." I hinted at their long overdue marriage.