Chrisse One-Shot (AU) Part 2

Chris's POV

Okay. This is it. I walked up to her house, wondering if her family would beat me up. Probably. Well duh. You're scrawny and weak, which makes you a perfect victim. How did Clarisse see anything in you? I clenched my fists. I wasn't going to let a breakdown, or that stupid voice ruin my date. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

I waited, fiddling with the strings on my grey hoodie. Stupid ADHD. When the door opened, I was surprised. A beautiful women was standing there, but she didn't look surprised to see me. "Why hello, dear. Are you here to pick up Clarisse?" I nodded. "Yes, Mrs La Rue," I said, trying to sound as polite as possible. She smiled and patted my cheek. "Well, aren't you polite? Come in! And please, call me (trying to think of random name) Laura," she smiled again and looked at me up and down.

Suddenly, there was a loud thumping. I looked up and saw Clarisse running down the stairs. And wow, she looked amazing. She was wearing a dark grey Coca-Cola singlet and and a pair of white jeans. On her wrist, sat a black watch and she wore a pair of black converse high-tops. Her surprisingly long locks of straight brown hair flowed down her back, which was a change from always tying it up.

"Mommmmmmmm!" Clarisse groaned. "You picked a very nice boy, Clarisse. Handsome, and polite, too." Clarisse's mom smiled. Clarisse groaned again (though I could of sworn I saw a faint pink tinge on her cheeks) and came to stand next to me. "Sorry about my stepmom," she whispered. "It's fine. My mom was twice as embarrassing," I whispered back, hoping that Clarisse wouldn't notice the 'was'.

"Was?" she questioned. I mentally groaned. "Uh, freak car accident. She's gone now," I muttered. She looked at me sympathetically. Although, hidden in her eyes, was a bit of understanding, like she sort of knew how I felt. You can't avoid lying to her forever, you know. One day, she's going to find out, and she'll leave you, just like everyone else. Shut up. I won't let you ruin my date. I'm not going to ruin your date. I'm just...warning you. Yeah, yeah. Just shut up for the rest of the night.

There was no mocking voice in reply so I snapped back to reality. "Chris? Are you okay? You're awfully quiet," Clarisse said, sounding a bit worried. "What? No, I'm fine. Let's go," I quickly replied. Although Clarisse knew about my breakdowns, she didn't know about the voice in my head. "Bye Laura!" I shouted to Clarisse's mom as Clarisse and I walked to my sleek white Jaguar (the car, not the animal). Not many people knew, but my dad actually had a lot of money. Not live-in-a-mansion money, but good-car-good-house money.

"Wow, Rodriguez. You have a sweet car," Clarisse nodded approvingly. "Thanks," I smiled. "Oh, and, you look beautiful," I smiled again. "Shut up, Rodriguez," she huffed. But my only smile grew when I saw a pinkish tinge spread across her cheeks.

----------TIME SKIP TO IN THE CAR----------

"Where are we going?" Clarisse asked. "We're going to see the premier of Crash 'n Burn 2," I replied, keeping my eyes trained on the road. "Good choice. Crash 'n Burn 1 was pretty cool," she said, the approval clear in her voice. I inwardly grinned. Clarisse had told me that today, of all days, was the premier, and I had immediately bought the last two tickets.

When we finally got there, I slipped the car keys inside my grey ripped jeans and pulled out the tickets. I handed them to the...guy and he let us in. As we walked past, he winked at Clarisse and mouthed 'call me'. Clarisse and I glared at him and he shrank back.

------------TIME SKIP TO END OF DATE------------

I parked the car by Clarisse's house and walked her to the door. She took out her keys and unlocked the door. Just as she was about to step inside, she turned around. "Hey Chris, I had a great time. Maybe we could do it again another time?" Clarisse asked. I grinned, the smile spreading across my face until it hurt. "Definitely," I replied. She smiled and stepped inside.

Yeah... Bad ending. Should I make this into a book or something? Also, I was thinking of creating an outfit shop book where I post outfits and people could save the images and use them in their books. What do you think? Thx for reading!

~livelovelaugh5377