Thomas Bradstone

OMG!!!! YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM!!!!! 1.53K READS! THIS IS A MIRACLE!!!!!!!! LEMME JUST BANG MY HEAD ON THE WALL FOR A MINUTE SO I KNOW THIS ISN'T A DREAM, BUT YOU GUYS CAN START READING!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!

I watched him out of the corner of my eye, wishing that I could be standing next to him. Yeah, I'm gay, so what? I looked at Percy Jackson, moping around in the park by himself. Yes, Percy Jackson. He was in my swim team and by far the best swimmer in the school. I mustered up my courage and walked up to him. "Hello," I said awkwardly. I inwardly face-palmed. Really? Hello? He probably thought I was weird. Heck, he probably thought I was a complete stranger.

But instead of looking at me with disgust, his face brightened, although it seemed a little forced. "Hey Thomas!" He chirped. "How are you?" I asked him. Seriously? How are you? He probably thought I was a formal jerk. "I'm great. You?" He smiled. "Same. I know it's probably not my place to ask, but you seem a little down. Everything good?" I questioned, sitting down on a nearby bench. Percy came and sat beside me. "Yeah, fine. I just miss my girlfriend," he sighed.

I felt like I had been stabbed in the heart. Twice. Percy was straight. And he had a girlfriend. But part of me hoped that he was just bisexual and his girlfriend was an ugly popular girl who caked her face in makeup. I imagined that she had already lost her virginity and was having sex with another guy right at this moment.

I decided to ask more about her. "So, what's her personality like? Is she pretty?" She was probably a dumb blonde. Percy got a dreamy look on his face. "Pretty? That's a complete understatement. She's absolutely gorgeously beautiful. She has perfect golden ringlets that fall down her back in princess curls-" Ha! So she was a stupid blonde! "-and a perfect figure-" Yep, definitely a dumb blonde. "-that's somehow really athletic, yet like a supermodel-" The only exercise she gets is shopping. "-and she's amazingly intelligent and smart-" She probably cheats on tests. "-and I love her with all of my heart. I could go on and on, but we'd be here forever," he looked at me, grinning.

"Can I meet her?" I could convince Percy to dump her and...maybe date me. Percy's face fell. "She goes to a school in San Fransciso," he muttered, looking down. "Oh," I said stupidly. Suddenly, I saw a girl sneak up to Percy. She saw me looking and winked, putting a finger to her lips. I nodded slightly, to show that I knew what she meant.

The mysterious girl grinned and jumped onto Percy's back. "Boo, Seaweed Brain!" She yelled. I swear Percy jumped 10 feet up in the air. "Woah, Wise Girl, don't scare me like that!" He yelled happily. I felt strangely calm. Although they seemed really close, and Percy's girlfriend was in San Fransciso, and this girl didn't have any makeup on. She was probably just a relative or a stepsister.

Percy turned to me. "This is my beautiful girlfriend, Annabeth. You know, the one I was just talking about?" He passionately kissed Annabeth on the lips. If you heard something, don't worry. It was just my heart shattering into a million pieces. I forced a smile. "It's great to meet you. I'm Thomas, one of Percy's...friends. But Percy said you were in San Fransciso..." I trailed off, not wanting to invade her privacy.

She smiled kindly. "I transferred," she replied. I awkwardly nodded. "I'll leave you guys to catch up," I backed away. Annabeth smiled again. "Thanks. It was nice meeting you," she said. I turned around. Maybe she wasn't a dumb blonde after all...