chapter twenty five.

Read Author's Note At The End :)

Song:
Is This Love by James Arthur

The drive to the airport is short and I wish it wasn't. Naomi and I spend the short drive talking about what she wants to do when she gets back but she expresses how much she will miss me and I tell her that I'd visit again soon.

I hop out of Jackie's car to help with Naomi's bag.

"I'll call you when I land." She smiles at me before she hugs me tight, thanking me for I don't know what.

We share our love for each other before I watch her walk into the airport.

I sigh as I get back into the car. I don't want to go back to the empty apartment so I just drive.

I get to Central Park and sit on one of the benches. I lean my head back and look up at the trees and the sky, a memory coming into view.

                         •••

Daddy tickles my sides as I lay on the grass with him. I laugh uncontrollably until he finally stops and I'm trying to catch my breath.

"Do you want another strawberry?" He asks and I smile at him as I take it and lay back down.

He lays beside me and points at one of the clouds, telling me it's a frog and I giggle at him.

We lay quiet after and I listen to the birds and the wind pushing the leaves of the trees around us, the sun shining brightly on us and I smile.

"I like the sky." I tell Daddy and he smiles. "I like it very much."

                        •••

A raindrop lands on my forehead and I flinch slightly before I stand to my feet and hurry over to the apartment building.

The elevator dings as the doors open and I walk out.
My phone dings and I laugh silently at Jackie's message on throwing a party at the apartment.

As I find the key to the apartment, I look up to see Harry sitting across from the door.
He stands when he sees me, his black beany snug on his head and I can't help but stand where I am, speechless.

He's here.

"Hey." He says.

"Hi." I stutter.

"Can we talk?" He asks.
I nod before he can actually finish the question. I grab the keys from my pocket and unlock the door, shaking from him being here.
I step inside and hold the door for him as he enters.

At this moment, I just want to press my lips against his to feel that familiar warmth and taste of him.
I shut the door and swallow my thoughts as I lock it.

I clear my throat.

"Do you want a drink or...something?" I ask and he shakes his head as he sits in the living room.

I strip my jacket off before I sit across him on the sofa.

Now I feel afraid to look at him.

"Raina." He says my name so softly. "I..." He starts but doesn't finish.
I jump slightly when he moves from the chair and in front of me, kneeling and pressing his hands on my knees.
I feel a burning sensation under his touch but it makes me shiver.

"Please look at me." He says and I do without hesitation.
His eyes look so much greener than I've ever seen them before and I feel a temptation to just reach up and cup his cheek but I don't.