Late Nite Dreaming

Scar's POV

"Scarlett, pack your bags. Someone's here to get you!" My social worker yelled into my room. I had been living in this orphanage on and off for two years, now. Every time someone would adopt me, they'd have a problem with the fact that I don't talk. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that, when my mom died, I decided I wouldn't talk to anyone again because they'd eventually just leave. I'd be building up relationships with people, and caring about people that would only end up hurting me.

I packed my bags amd made my way downstairs, saying goodbye to all my friends that I've made while I have been here. I didn't expect these people to keep me long, so I told Steph, the six year old that I've sort of adopted as my little sister, that I would be back for her, and she'd never have to be alone there again.

I walked down the hall and hid behind the desk, trying to hide from the people that were adopting me. "Scarlett, get over here." I silently and slowly walked over to my social worker and the stranger that was standing with her. He seemed a bit young to be adopting a sixteen year old girl. "She doesn't talk. Hasn't talked for two months. Not a word." My social worker explained, rolling her eyes at me. She pushed me to the boy and we left. Apparently his mother was adopting me, and she had filled out the papers and mailed them in. I didn't know you could do that. 

I lived in Pennsylvania all my life. Hopefully I'd still be living here, so I can visit Ari. "Uhm.. I'm Clayton. I'll be your new brother from now on." I nodded and walked with him to his van. I looked up and saw what seemed to be  a pedo van. I looked at him, scared. Why would he have such a big van? It's only two people. I don't understand. 

As if on cue, four people came out of the van. An older man, and three boys that seemed around Clayton's age. I did the only thing I knew to do and hid behind Clayton. I could hear him chuckling. "It's okay, they won't hurt you." I looked over his shoulder and saw the boys all looking at me weird. Quickly backing up, I moved away from Clayton, holding my wrist, and looking down at the ground. "Hey, I'm Dalton." The tall one said. "I'm Brady." The shortest one said. "I'm Drew, and you are adorable." Drew walked over me, putting his arm around my shoulders. I backed away from him, and closer to Clayton.

"Drew, stop being a creep. What's your name, kid?" Brady pushed Drew closer to the van and moved back to where he was. I didn't answer his question. i just looked down and moved closer to Clayton. "Her name is Scarlett. She doesn't talk." I looked from Clayton to the van and raised an eyebrow at him. "Oh, I guess I should explain this. We're in a band. We're on tour right now, so we're living in here for another two weeks. Then we go home, to Indiana." My eyes grew big as I backed away from him, shaking my head. I wasn't going there. I was staying. I grabbed my bags and started walking back to the building. "Noo, no no no no." Clayton grabbed my bag while Dalton threw me over his shoulder. "You've been adopted, now we have to go, or we'll be late for the show in New York." I punched and kicked, trying to get him to put me down. He just laughed.

"Scarlett, it'll be okay. I promise." He whispered as he put me down on one of the long seats after Brady got in. Next thing I knew, Dalton sat next to me, with Brady on the other side. I sighed and brought my knees to my chest as we started to drive off.