Late Nites and Birthdays

Scarlett's POV

I woke up at around ten after falling asleep watching Peter Pan with Brady. I tried to get up without waking up Brady. It was a difficult task. "Morning." He mumbled, waking up. I failed. "It's still night." I laughed at him, getting out of bed. "Then why are we awake?" He whined, pulling me back to bed. "Brady, let go." I tried to get out of his reach, but he just held me closer. He held me tight, not letting go. I could feel butterflies in my stomach. I hated that I liked  Brady so much. I knew Clayton would have a problem with it, and Brady doesn't feel the same. He sees me as a little siter. Story of my life.

I rolled over, facing him. He was already staring at me. "What?" I asked, looking away. "I don't know." He smiled, holding me tighter. I could barly breathe. "Brady. Gotta breathe. Not something I can skip." I pushed away a little, feeling him laughing. "So I take your breath away?" He winked at me. Damn, that boy needs to stop doing that. "Yes, Brady. You're just so flawless, I don't know what to do." I rolled my eyes and moved back to the other side of the bed, cuddling with a pillow. "You feeling any better?" Brady asked, playing with my hair. "Yeah. I suppose. I guess I just needed some sleep." I sighed, remembering my ipod was on the night stand. "Brady, could you get me my ipod? It's on the night stand right next to you." I mumbled, gesturing to the general area. 

He grabbed my ipod, handing it to me. I connected it to the Bose radio and turned it up as much as I could. "Aren't you going to wake everyone up?" Brady seemed to actually care for some reason. That was weird. "Nah, Clayton's staying at a friend's house, and his parents went out again. They seem to do that a lot. I guess I'll be home alone more often than not. I'm okay with that, though." I sighed, putting on Framing Hanley. 

"This band's amazing. I love them." I got out of bed, jumping around, and singing as loud as I could. "You don't say." Brady laughed, watching me from my bed. "I do say." I nodded, agreeing with myself. Brady got up, dancing with me. I kept dancing, even though I was getting a bit tired. Maybe being up so late was the reason, maybe not. I didn't really care much. 

I guess I should mention that Clayton's parents returned about half an hour ago. They were fine with Brady being here. They were just happy that I was happy. I was just happy they didn't mind. It was nice celebrating my birthday with a friend. They told me I didn't have to go to school on my birthday if I didn't want to, so of course I have decided to stay home. I'd like to just lay in bed and watch old movies or something.

Before I knew it, it was midnight. My birthday. I smiled and turned to face Brady. "I'M SEVENTEEN!" I yelled and hugged him. "Well, happy birthday, Scar." He smiled, hugging me back. I didn't really like making a big deal out of my birthday, but it was exciting. "You seem really happy to be seventeen." He raised an eyebrow at me. "I'm not. I'm just delerious. I don't think I'll be going to school today. I'll text Chels and Rebecca to meet me at the mall after school to celebrate." I smiled, turning off the music, and laying back in bed. Brady sat next to where I was. He seemed in deep thought. 

"You okay?" I put my hand on his back, trying to help him feel better. He just smiled at me. I can't really take that as a yes. It's so easy to fake smiles. "Yeah." I patted the spot next to me, smiling. When he was laying down next to me, I saw his smile fade. What was going on? "Brady, I know you're not okay, so you might as well just tell me what's going on now." I sighed, looking over at him. He didn't say anything. He just rolled over to face me, making the butterflies return to my stomach. 

He moved closer to me, wrapping his arms around me. I felt so safe with him around. It felt ridiculous, but amazing at the same time. Why did I have to like him so much? I wish I didn't. I sighed, looking away. "Scar?" He whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. He knew the affect he had on me. I coul tell by the smirk on his face. I could feel my face go red. "I've got a birthday present for you." He whispered again. Danm, boy. Chill. I looked up at him, my face still red as ever. "What is it?" I smiled nervously. 

I was waiting for him to pull out a box or something, but instead, he pulled me closer, smashing his lips against mine. What was I supposed to do? I was so shocked. It took a second for me to comprehend what was happening, but I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around him. He pulled away, smiling. "Happy birthday." He kissed my forehead, and rested in that position with me for the rest of the night.