Iceland x Reader

You were friends with your next door neighbor Emil for as long as you could remember. When you were little, you would draw chalk on the sidewalks, play tag, run around in sprinklers. Sometimes when you were feeling adventurous you would sneak into his house through his bedroom window at night and scare him. It was just so easy. Then you'd hang out, eat licorice and read pirate books for the rest of the night.

But, you know, shit happens. You grow up, you hit high school and start getting homework, and eventually just not really having time for anything. It's not like you never saw him. You lived next door to him. You'd drive to school at the same time, say hey then go off. The only time you'd really catch up is at the neighborhood block parties every New Years and Fourth of July. Mathias down the street would buy big illegal fireworks and set them off. Those were the times you liked best, to be honest, because they were the only times you got to really catch up with Emil. You had kind of a crush on him. You thought you'd gotten over it when you met Sadiq.

You had dated for two years. It was your first real relationship and the golden years of your life. But guess what? Sadiq is a big fat jerk. And when did you realize it? Today.

He'd been acting all distant with you lately, and whenever you'd confront him about it he would just bark at you and then change the subject. You thought you were doing something wrong.

Then one day, which happens to be today, your friend Kiku decided to call you and tell you "the truth", because you deserved to know. Apparently Sadiq had taken an interest in someone else. Some slut named Hercules or something, but this guy had a girlfriend who he loved very much. Sadiq wanted to change that. He wanted to make Hercules all his. He was willing to sabotage your guys' relationship to destroy another one. You didn't want to believe it, but you did, because it made sense.

So, you decide after a couple hours or so of lamenting to call Sadiq.

Of course, it reaches his voicemail, "YAHAHAHAHA!! I SEE YOU TRYING TO CALL ME BUT IM NOT HERE RIGHT NOW-"

You slam the end button and put your face in your hands.

Then your phone buzzes. You feel your stomach lurch. It's your stupid boyfriend.

You pick up the phone, trying not to cry. "Hello?"

"Yo what up (annoying nickname)? You called?"

You sigh shakily. "Uh, I wanted to tell you-"

"YAHAHAHAHA!!!! You know who I saw at the mall today?!"

"Who?"

"Heracles and his stupid girlfriend. She is such a whore."

"I think Lilja's a very nice girl," you say defensively, knowing he's saying that out of jealousy.

"I'm just saying Heracles could do better, that's all."

Your blood boils. "Like with who, you?"

Sadiq just laughs loudly into the phone again. You hold it an inch away to avoid going deaf.

"Nice joke, (Y/N)."

You cannot get over the fact that he is blatantly lying to you.

"You are not being honest with me."

"What are you talking about?"

"Why do you bring up Heracles all the time?" Great. Your voice is cracking.

"Oh nonononono you don't think I LIKE Heracles do you? Like LIKE like him?!? YAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

"KIKU TOLD ME EVERYTHING OKAY?! YOU DONT EVEN LIKE ME ANYMORE YOU LIKE STUPID JERKULES ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS YOURSELF FUCK YOU SADIQ WE'RE OVER!!!!" You throw your phone out the window. There's the faint sound of shattering.