The shooting

Chapter 11

I woke up the next day without even realizing what happened. We made love the other night, all night. It was magic it was as I always pictured it to be and I felt blessed. I was complete. I remember I watched him sleep next to me like I did millions of times before and I still couldn't get enough of him. But this time it was different, I was his. He took me in, he loved me and he made me a woman. I was a woman now, fully. And I was his and there's no other feeling I adore more in this world than belonging. I had his smell on my skin, his kisses all over my body and his soft breath was on my neck as he was deeply away in his sleep. I watched him take in every calm breath and I thought to myself what a beautiful creation God has made when he made him. His every settle move was like a motion of masterpiece. I adored him and I loved how he could sleep so well next to me. After all that happened I could figure he was more than exhausted he was consumed, but now he could sleep because I was there. And I didn't plan to let him go.

When he woke up I smiled warmly and he groaned lazy pulling me in. I hid my face in his neck and I kissed his skin and I exhaled.

'I love you, Brooke.' I heard him say softly and I never really figured how that rough voice could ever be soft. I felt my heart sink in this sea of emotion. 'Don't leave me, please. Don't you ever leave me! You're all that I have.' I looked at him as he said that and I was looking for the words to say that he had so many people around, but then I figured that he was talking about unconditional support and I managed to make him feel he always had my support.

'I love you, too." I smiled and stroke his soft face and I kissed him. That morning was ours, just ours. No phone calls, no friends walking in and out, no disturbing. It was silence and it was us and it was genuine.

I never felt filthy after his touch. I felt brought to life. I was young and now I was a woman so I felt this moment to be the beautiful transition from being his charity cause to being the woman he could count on. I grew up in his eyes and I think that was my most valuable accomplishment to that moment. I was no longer the little girl hiding around, with blonde hair and no idea of what's going in the world. I was a full on woman, with ideas which he liked to hear, with opinions which he liked to debate. He made me, he created me, and he healed me. He took my misery and replaced it with happiness. And in returned, I did the same. I took him in, flawed and all, and I loved him. And I still love him. And I always will...

He went public about us shortly after this moment. We moved temporary to New York for his court trials, I went to a new school again, but that was ok. He got me and I got him and we figured everything out. He'd talk to me about everything, every little change that would happen I knew about it. I was now a part of his life, of his decisions, he was a great lover he always involved me and my opinion in everything, we were a team and we were amazing at it. Each time we'd go out and there were paparazzi and reporters he'd hold my hand tightly and he'd smile and crack jokes. Or not say anything at all. But it was beautiful, everything I experienced with him. It was beautiful.

I started to like New York even more now that I was living weeks in here. We spent a whole month and it was nice to learn about the East. He had a flat rented and he had the nicest view, I could see Time Square from our bedroom and it was just amazing. But money started being a problem for us. All the trials were expensive as they were, he started doing more interviews, record more so he could pay everything. Yeah, he was a big rapper now, he had fame but this trial affected him severely, his credibility mostly. People just started to vanish, offers that he postponed for months were retired, he would borrow money from Biggie or other friends, but it wasn't quite his style. So, I got my first job in New York and I tried to help. It was two of us now. And he was no longer alone.