The day Tupac died

Moving on with life events, all of them were unbelievably beautiful. We were a family, that's already redundant to say. Tupac has always been the perfect husband, between shows and recordings and movie shooting, he was always attentive with me, and making sure l am involved in everything he did. I would be around to give him advice or just talk things out and in return he'd be there encouraging me to start my own career. I started modelling at this point in my life and also starred in few sitcoms as well. I wasn't too much of a name, but having Shakur attached to it would bring me enough recognition and I wanted to make my husband proud. He'd spend time with people at centers and he'd donate most of his work to them and I was following in his steps. I started being more active in the social aspects of life, spending time with Afeni at shelters and bringing awareness to this reality everywhere I went. Red carpets events, Milan Fashion Week, movie premiers, we were always together and people loved us. I loved us and he loved us.

But he started having more and more issues with Death Row. He wanted out, he wanted to build his own label and he wanted to take all of us with him. We'd frequently talk about his finances, how Suge Knight was owing him money from his platinum album All Eyez On Me. He was working without stopping to release his second and last album from the contract, so he can break free. By the time he finished The Don Killuminati The 7 Day Theory, he had paid everything and more back to Suge Knight and he wanted his own money so he can be great on his own. But a lot of things went down lately, he started receiving even more death threats and life has become stressful to live. The more money it was said he has the dangerous it has become for us to live peacefully. People that would usually fill our home were now fewer and fewer, except for me and his boys whom he trusted blindly and rightfully so.

'I'm just really glad I never signed you up to Death Row, baby. I'm so happy you got your own thing going because if something happens... I know you gonna make it and wear this on.' He used to tell me all the time and I'd fight it. I'd refuse to see something happening to us because, frankly, I never learnt to see past Tupac. My horizon and everything I was capable of doing would stop at him. Everything else was dark and foggy and scary and just a place I never wanted to think about. But life is a bitch, isn't it? One moment I had it all and next moment... Everything falls apart.

We struggled back and forth with this whole idea of going to Vegas. Tupac and Mike Tyson were close friends and he respected him and hasn't really been in touch with him since Pac left jail, so going to see his match seemed like a good idea. But neither I nor he felt like we should take this trip. But Suge Knight insisted. He'd call in few times a day just to convince Pac to go. And eventually...we went.

On the way to Vegas, it was very awkward. We got this private jet and everyone was quiet, we got at the hotel in Vegas and we tried to detach and enjoy the trip. I was never in Las Vegas before, so Pac decided to make it more comfortable for me. We went to eat, shop around and visit the places until evening. We took dinner and then hit the casino for a little. Pac was horrible with gambling, he lost so much money that night and so did I but we had fun at least. We really laughed a lot and teamed up against other gamblers obviously more experienced than us, but we tried and it was a challenging experience. We both agree, though that we won't try this again. After that, there was Mike Tyson's match and we went to watch it. We managed to sneak around and get the best spot, without too many cameras or reporters following us. The match was extraordinary good, I remember both Pac and I were on edge with every hit and every round. Mike is an amazing performer and a legendary boxer and we had the best time cheering and betting on him and finally winning. After the match we went backstage and there's the famous video of Mike and Pac hugging tightly like the good old pals they were. We spoke with Mike for a little, Pac asked him to smoke some with us but Mike kindly declined. We spent a good hour just having a good conversation with the champ and then we had to go.