The begining of sorts

I smiled down at Danny who was doing his math homework. "Do ya get it now?" I asked

"Yeah, thanks Kat," he said with a wide smile.

"Anytime for my favourite boy," I said before standing up.

"How did he do?" Beth asked as I walked out.

"Perfect," I replied.

"Bless you. You're such a sweet girl for helping us," Mark said. I blinked a few times as I looked at him, I new what he was up to. Flirting with Becca Fisher, and all.

I turned back to Beth. "Hope to see you soon, but ya know how it is. Need to get back to Paul's."

"I just can't believe he's your brother...we've never even heard of him before he came here," Beth said.

"Yeah...I don't really...it's complicated but I love him. My brother...ten years older...damn he's old," I joked and he laughed.

"He's 38 then right?" Mark asked.

"Well I best be going," I said. "See you guys tomorrow. Bye Chloe!"

"No! You aren't leaving yet are you?" She asked as she jogged down the stairs.

"You can come with if you want," I said.

"To church? No thank you I'll see you tomorrow," she said.

"That's what I thought, bye love," I said to Danny who smiled at me.

"Bye Kat," he replied. I skilled out and down to my bike. Not a motorcycle an actual bike...the one that you petal around. I don't even know. When I got to the church/home I saw Paul up.

"Good evening," I said.

"Hello," he replied. "You were with Danny?"

"Math," I explained. "Goodnight." I nodded to him before heading in.

|•|•|•|•|
Morning

I pulled on my skinny jeans, and then yanked my shirt on over my head. I brushed through my long blonde hair about 5 times before brushing my teeth, grabbing my jacket, and the heading off. I arrived at the police station right on time as always and walked straight back to my desk, I threw my jacket on it before smiling towards my friend Cameron. "New boss is hot," she whispered over to me. I looked up and saw him. Tall, dark hair, late twenties earlier thirties. "So you're type too."

"Is he nice?" I asked

"I don't know, he's only just got here," she said. I rolled my eyes and headed over to him.

"DS Katerina Lovely," I said.

"Your last name is Lovely?" He asked.

"Yeah...you have a problem with that?" I asked.

"No, not at all. DI Alec Hardy," he replied.

"The funny thing is my friend Ellie Miller was gonna get this job, she left for a vacation yesterday and then you get hired...right away..." I failed off and he sighed. "You better me damn good Alec."

"Don't call me Alec," he replied. I smirked and leaned forward.

"No?" I asked. "Well, you might want to be called 'Sir' but in not gonna do that. I'm gonna call you Alec, or Hardy. Not sir, and the more ya tell me not to call you Alec the more il say it." I turned on my heels and Cameron smiled widely at me. "Oh he's such a pain in the ass."

"I thought that's what you liked," she countered.

"No, that's what Jason likes," I said and we both giggled.

"Lovely you're with me!" Alec shouted.

"Coming!" I shouted back. I followed him outside and I hoped in the drivers side.

"Are you even old enough to to drive?" He asked.

"Dude I'm 23. I can do what I want," I replied. Then we sped off.

|•|•|•|•|
Two weeks later

I sat down next to Danny, it was early and I was on my lunch break. I decided it wouldn't hurt to visit Danny at school. He seemed a bit lonely. "What up buddy?" I asked.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Eating...with you. My kid friend," I said.

"Just go away!" He yelled, I put my hands up in surrender before getting up.

"Okay...point taken. I'll see you later," I said. I backed away and turned around, I was about to start towards Chloe's school when my phone started ringing. "Hello."

"It's Alec," Alec's voice rang through the phone. "I'm at the cliffs, would ya like to join me?" I smirked lightly.

"Sure thing friend," I said before hanging up. I had gotten him to trust me more and more so that's all the really mattered. To called Chloe on my way to the cliffs and we talked a bit, when I saw Alec sitting with his feet hanging over to edge I nodded and headed over. I plopped down next to him and he smiled over at me. "Is that a real smile I see?" He nodded. "Oh my god Alec Hardy just smiled at me!"

"Shut up Lovely," he stated. He laid back and I did the same, his hand found mine. This was our thing. Even before we had become okay friends we held hands. I guess it was just because the thought of being alone in the world was too much for one person to handle on their own. Everyone needs a hand to hold. "Why do you always hold my hand?" He whispered before looking over at me.

"Everyone needs a hand to hold. The world is too real to face alone," I replied. He smiled at me, and even though it had only been two weeks I felt myself falling in love with this man. This amazing man who cuts himself off from the world. I rolled onto my side so I could face him, our hands never parting.

"Lovely, I think you are lovely," he stated and we both chuckled. His lips grazed mine just barely, then my phone went off.