Capturing the killer

I sat in the office with my knees curled up to my chest. I was scared. Lying to the police is something I never would have dreamed do doing before any of this started. Tears lined my eyes as Elli sat in front of me. "How's the baby?" She asked with sincerity in her voice.

     "It's fine right now. I don't really know for sure though," I said. She nodded and took my hands in hers.

     "Listen, I know we aren't the best of friends, but if you need anything. Call me," she said. "I think you know what I have to ask you now."

     "Yeah, but I can't say anything about it," I said. "It's not that I don't remember: it's that I can't tell you."

     "Why not?" She asked oddly offended.

     "Why not? Because he threatened everyone I love and held me at gun point that's why! He disarmed me! He took my gun away from me and now I don't even know where my gun is! Think about it though! I'm one of the best agents. No one takes my gun from me unless they know how! He takes my gun! Holds it against my stomach and then trie to burn me! Don't you know I can't tell you! But you know him! You know him. That's all I can say," I growled. She looked over her shoulder at Alec and he nodded. She got up and Alec sat down in front of me. "Don't you dare try whatever it is you're gonna try because you're the one who knocked me up! You don't get to talk!"

     "We can protect you!" Alec shouted.

      "I don't need protecting! My family does! I can't talk to you or anyone else because being held at gun point is a lot of stress as it is! I should have already lost this baby but I haven't so get your head out of your ass and leave me alone!" I screamed as tears rolled down my cheeks. Everyone was looking at me as if I was crazy. Alec helped me up and led me to his office.

     "Stay in here. I'll be back."

I sat in the room silently for a few hours until the door opened and Alec smiled towards me. "We caught him," he said. "I understand why you didn't tell Ellie."

"Really?" I asked with wide eyes.

"He turned himself in," he replied. "You don't have to worry about Joe anymore. We have him contained."

     "Thank you Alec," I said as I jumped up and hugged him tight. "Thank you." Tears rolled down my eyes as Alec held me in his arms.

     "You and our baby are safe now," he said. I smiled and relished in his warmth.

_______________________________

      About a week after figuring out it was Joe we all decided it would be good to get together and have a celebratory dinner. Paul, little Ethan, Bella, Alec, and myself. All my pain was almost over. We prayed, we ate, and we laughed. Alec was the first to leave. Actually he left really early. Then out of nowhere Paul left as well. Then Bella leaving me to babysit little Ethan would wouldn't stop giggling. Then at exactly 7:37 pm Ethan walked up to me and smiled. "Aunt Kat you have somewhere you need to be," he said. I gave him a confused look and he grabbed my hand and pulled me with him. "Common Aunt Kat we'll be late!" He led me out the church and that's when I stopped him.

     "What are we doing?" I asked, he giggled and continued pulling me along. Until we got the road. He stopped and then I saw Cameron and Jason. I had practically forgot they existed because of the Danny thing. Cameron pulled me into a hug and then pulled me into the hair shop. She made me sit down and next to where I was siting were lots of bags. Jason walked in with Ethan by his side.

     "Honey your style has gone downhill since you left us," Jason said with a disapproving look.

      "Jason, we have a schedule," Cameron said. He nodded and then Cameron started to mess with my hair.

      "What the bloody hell is going on?!" I shouted out of anger and confusion.

     "Shhh let us pamper the pregger," Jason said as he held up dresses. "Oh, Ethan honey don't look." Ethan turned around and Cameron hurried to finish my hair and then Jason pulled me up. "Sexy pink? Or sexy red?"

      "Red, Alec seems like a red type of guy," Cameron said. Jason nodded and threw me red lace underwear and a red bra. Then he threw me a striped dress with blue converse.

     "Get dressed and meet us outside," Jason stated before getting Ethan and then all three of them walked out. I got dressed and walked out and then Ethan grabbed my hand again.

     "Common Aunt Kat!" He exclaimed before he started to lead me up a hill then there were flowers  and flower petals. Ethan and Jason and Cameron ran up ahead of me. Candles were lit and then near the cliffs I saw a group of people. As I walked by them they all smile an then Alec. Alec stood in a circle of flowers and candles. He wore a suit and his hair was spiked up instead of flat. I walked up to him and he held my hands in his.

      "On my first day of work I saw you ride up to the station on a pale blue bike and your hair was down and free. You walked in and socialized with your friends right away and then you stuck up for Ellie despite the fact that I was your boss. You refused to do what I said and were a pain in the ass from day one, but I loved you. You held my hand randomly on your first day and when I finally asked why you said that everyone needs a hand to hold. Now you're carrying my baby and I am madly in love with you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, so," he got down on one knee and pulled out a box. "Will you make me the happiest man in the galaxy and marry me?" Tears ran down my face as I cried. I nodded and threw my arms around his neck.

     "Yes! Oh my god yes!" I exclaimed, he kissed me passionately and picked me up so I wrapped my legs around his waist. Now I understood the underwear part. He put me back down and put the engagement ring on my finger. I had everything and I needed and for once everything is falling into place.