Being Found

I stared out at the ocean as I say next to Alec. "What would you do if I were about to die?" I asked. "If you knew I was in trouble, if you knew that I was in danger what would you do?"

"I'd save you...duh," he replied.

"What if you couldn't...what if you couldn't find me?" I asked.

"I'd find a way," he replied. "Anything to get you back, love."

"You've only known me for three weeks, and you'd do anything?" I asked, he called me live sometimes. Mainly Lovely though. He loved my name. All three. Katerina Julia Lovely.

"Of course, you're my person, you're the person who keeps me from facing the far too real world alone," he replied. He wrapped his arms around me a drew me close. "But I mean you carry a gun around with you and you kick ass in pretty she no one wants to mess with you."

"I have to go," I said. "But I don't want to move." He got up and pulled me up with him, he leaned down and pressed his lip to my cheek. "Oh my, someone is breaking protocol. Can't date someone you work with."

"Can I make you dinner, or take you out of town on a date?" He asked me. I smiled and but my lip.

"Maybe," I said.

"Please? Maybe even tonight, I mean it is 6:00," he said.

"You wanna come back to my place? Where Paul is, mind you, and cook dinner for me?" I asked. "As a date?"

"Please? Our first date," he said.

"You can't drive so you can't take me out of town, Becca likes to talk, and Paul is a vicar," I said. "Also my older brother who is very over protective."

"No?" He asked.

"Tomorrow," I whispered. He smiled and kissed me lightly. "How have you gotten me to kiss you within 3 weeks time. I've also fallen hopelessly for you."

"It's you who's done that to me as well so I guess we are fair," he replied.

"Yeah...we are...except you haven't kissed me back yet," I said. He smiled and leaned down and kissed me lightly.

"Goodnight Lovely," he whispered.

"Night Alec," I replied.

•.•.•.•.•.•.

I was barely breathing, I don't think it even looked like I was breathing. I heard people around me, and I was rolled over onto my back. I was beat up and I grabbed hold of the person who had rolled me over. My hand fell back to my side with em not having any strength. I heard shouting but it was distant and I couldn't make out anything. I knew I was hurt but I needed to tell them. I felt myself being put in something and I started coughing hard. I felt something warm trickle down my mouth and then my vision went black.

•.•.•.•.•.•.

I slowly came too, when I opened my eyes everything was bright. Almost too bright. I squeezed my eyes shut and put my hand over my eyes. "For gods sake who opened my bloody blinds?" I asked, the blinds were ya led closed and I opened my eyes to see Paul. I was in a hospital.

"Kat?" He asked.

"Bloody hell why am I here?" I asked.

"You mean you don't remember?" He asked.

"No...what the hell happened?" I asked.

"I don't really. They won't tell me anything much," he said.

"Gimme my bloody phone," I said. He handed me my phone and I started to phone Alec. He answered on the first ring.

"You're okay?" He asked, my for opened and he walked in.

"Fine," I replied looking up to him.

"Good," he said. I hung up considering he was standing right in front of me. "We need your help. Paul out." Paul walked out and I blinked a few times.

"What the bloody hell happened?" I asked.

"You don't remember?" He asked.

"No," I said.

"Danny's dead, and your body was found next to his. You were barely alive yourself, I thought you were gonna die..." He trailed off as I cried. "You have a fractured wrist, had to get a few stitches and had a minor stomach surgery. I'm sorry."

"I almost died, and Danny was dead next to me," I said. "When can I come back to work? I need to be on this case."

"And you will be, once you're discharged. You aren't leaving till they discharge you either so don't even start," he said. I was crying but instead of continuously crying I pulled Alec down to kiss me. When he pulled away I started to cry harder.

"I should remember why don't I remember!" I yelled. I punched at his chest and he grabbed my wrist as I cried. He sat down next to me and pulled me close, he wrapped his arms around me in a comforting way. He ran a hand threw my hair and kissed my head a few times.

"Shhh, shhhh it's not your fault love, it's not your fault." He mumble into my hair. "Shhh, don't cry."