Troublesome Twins

All I could think about was my baby. What if I miscarried? Would Bella know? I placed my hands over my stomach and Bella rolled her eyes. "The baby if fine. Thanks for telling me about it by the way," she said. I sighed and closed my eyes. There was a knock on my door and then someone walked in.

      "Oh look you're awake! And you're not supposed to be back here," the doctor said. Bella smiled and put her arm around me.

     "Katerina, you gave us all quit the scare but your baby and you are perfectly healthy...well...the baby...it isn't clear what's going on with the baby, but for now it's stable. I will discharge you if you have someone to take you home, and you can come back in a week for a check up on the baby. I recommend as little activity as possible for now. You're probably going to be very sore for a while as well. Do you have someone to take you home?"

      "She has me doc. You go ahead and sign the thingys and we'll be out of your hair," Bella said. He rolled his eyes and handed her a form. She signed it and handed it back. "Bye bye doc." She got a wheel chair and helped me in. She rolled me into the waiting door where many people were waiting. Alec was the first person I saw and the first person to see me. He was kneeling in front of me within seconds.

     "Are you okay? How's the baby?" He asked his eyes filled with tears. "I shouldn't have run out. God I'm a terrible person. I'm so sorry."

     "It's fine babe," I said. Soon enough everyone was surrounding me until Bella made them go away.

     "Okay! Move away from the girl! You can visit her at the church!" Bella shouted before holding her hand out to a little boy. "Ethan this is your aunt Katherine. I would say Katerina...but...that's just too British for me. It's bad enough that we have the accent. Don't need to go around flaunting it with our strange names."

"Hi Aunt Kat," the little boy said. He had blonde hair and dark brown eyes.

"Hello little Ethan," I said with a kind smile. Alec road home with Paul, Bella, Ethan, and I. Alec wasn't ready to leave my side. He said that he needed to make sure I was safe. I guess since our killer was after me now. What if he did kill me? What if he wanted to kill me to shut me up? Truth be told I wasn't ready to be left alone. I can still feel the gun pressed against my stomach and I can still smell the smoke. We got home and Alec helped me back to my room. It was late and I was tired. Paul agreed to let Alec stay on the couch and Ethan and Bella got the spare rooms. I sat in my room with the light still on for a while though. I didn't want to turn it off. I was scared. He could clearly get in if he wanted to. I eventually turned off the light and tried to fall asleep. I couldn't though. Slowly I started to fall asleep and then I heard and noise and I screamed a bit and then started crying. My room door burst open and Alec stood there watching me as if wondering what happened. He sighed and walked over to my bed. "Don't make me sleep alone." He nodded and shut the door and climbed into bed with me. I curled into his warm embrace hoping to god he would make the monsters go away.
_______________________________

I didn't want to be held at gun point. I didn't want to almost miscarry. I didn't want to fall in love with my boss. I didn't want Danny to get murdered. I didn't want to remember seeing him die. I didn't want any of this, so why me? Why me? Of all the people in this world why me? I was a virgin before Alec, I prayed daily, I was in the freaking church service, and I was a tutor. Why me? Why Danny? God none of this is okay! I pushed myself out of Alec's arms causing him to wake up. "What's going on?" He asked in a startled voice.

"I'm going to go sit outside," I snapped. I don't know why I was acting mad towards him. It wasn't his fault.

     "Someone's extra hormonal today," Bella said from the kitchen. I swallowed hard before closing the door. Bella walked over to me and looked me in the eyes. "You know who killed him." It wasn't a question but a fact.

     "I can't tell anyone," I said. I would only trust her with this information. Only her.

     "I understand. He'll kill everyone you love right?" She asked and I nodded, Bella sighed and sat down.

      "That's it? You don't want to know who?" I asked, she shrugged.

     "I understand that you can't tell anyone. I respect your decision." I rolled my eyes and sighed.

     "I'm going back to sleep."

     "Might want to tell Alec that he's going to be late if he doesn't get up," she responded.

     "Alec, baby," I said as I climbed onto my bed and straddled him. "You need to get up. You'll be late for work." He groaned and then slightly opened his eyes. He smirked and I got off him. "Common now!"

     "You have to come in too. Questioning and what not," he said. I nodded and he fixed his hair and clothes. "See you at work." I sighed and sat back down on my bed. I always thought I would slice the case; not be the case.