Just A Vacation

"I'm sorry but you can't work the case. You are the case. I'm sorry," she said.

"That's not fair!" I shouted. "I need to be on this case!" I stood up and Alec grabbed my hand which was balled in a fist.

"Calm down," he said sternly. I took a deep breath and Claire my eyes.

"My professional opinion is that you should not be on this case, now
I would ask for Alec's opinion but clearly you two are..." She started.

"Don't you dare talk about my personal life!" I screamed, I was about to blow and Alec noticed. He pulled me back and wrapped his arms around me. I punched his chest but he didn't budge just pulled me into a hug. We did this a lot when I got worked up. He'd try and hug me, I'd punch him but he would win and I'd break down in his arms crying. I could tell he was glaring at he boss woman.

"Alec she needs a break," she said. Alec's grip tightened knowing I was about to get angry again.

"I'll take her away for the weekend," he replied.

"Starting today. A long weekend, Danny's case isn't going anywhere. I'll make sure no one leaves town," she replied. Alec dragged me out of the office and led me outside.

"Katerina calm down," Alec said. He cupped my face in his hands and looked me in the eyes. "Calm down. We will go back to the church, pack some clothes for you and I'll make arrangements to get out of town for a while. Just calm down." I nodded and he kissed me lightly on the lips, it was quick and light. I took a deep breath and then got in my car.

"I drive," I said.

"Because I can't...yeah I know," he replied. He had told me about is condition a while ago and I was happy to help. When we got to the church I was in and out, left a note for Paul and then Alec packed and we left Broadchurch.

"So where am I driving us?" I asked.

"Back home. You're going to meet my parents," he said and then set directions in my phone. I took a deep breath score nodding.

"Fuck you too Alec. Fuck you too," I stated and he chuckled.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

I got out of the car and looked up at the cute baby blue house. "It's cute," I said before shutting the car door. He smiled at me before walking over to me and kissing my cheek.

"Yep. Do ya wish to go in?" He asked.

"Hell why not. If we wait till I'm ready we will wither and die out here," I said. He grabbed my hand and lead me up the stairs. The door opened as soon as we reached it

"Oh Alec!" An elderly woman exclaimed before pulling Alec into a hug. "Oh you brought a girl!"

"Hi," I said.

"We didn't like that last one," a male said. He was older too and smiled at me. "David Hardy."

"Katerina Lovely," I replied.

"Oh what a beautiful name!" His mother complimented. "I'm Cindy Hardy."

"It's nice to meet you both," I said.

"Oh well don't just stand there come in! Come in!" Cindy exclaimed. I nodded and walked in with Alec trailing behind me.

"It's a lovely house," I said. "Oh is that Alec?" I smiled as I looked at the picture of young Alec.

"Yes that is," she said. "Oh! Why don't you spike up your hair anymore. You're curtained not to old for it."

"I like this one," Cindy said. "Come in and sit." I nodded and walked into the nice living room. I sat down and Alec sat next to me pulling me close to him, I smiled and leaned my head on his shoulder.