Chapter Five:

That comment made me worry. I wasn’t supposed to leave until his friends got here? That sounded like a threat and I didn’t even know this guy.

“Wha-what?” I asked.

“Oh, um, maybe that sounded bad.” He said concern filling his eyes.

“I don’t know who you are but I’m leaving and if I see you again, well you just never come near me again.” I said getting up but he flipped off the tree and landed in front of me.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you. I just, well it’s the truth but, we’re not, like, bad or anything.” He said having a hard time getting his words out.

It was almost like he didn’t know what to say, or which words to use. I just stared at him and then I took a step back and leaned against the tree.

“I’ll stay but at the first sign of trouble I will run and not without giving you a good kick to where the sun don’t shine.” I said glaring at him.

He smiled seeming relieved and truly happy at my response which made me even more worried that I had made a mistake.

“Don’t you think it would have been a wise choice for you to go and find your friend and hightail it out of there?” he asked.

“Yes but something about how much he wanted me to stay made me stay.” I said.

“Wouldn’t you ordinarily have done what I just said?” he said.

I didn’t like where he was going with this but I narrowed my eyes and nodded my head.

“Maybe this is when you started to imagine things. Is it possible that you fell asleep under the tree?” He asked.

“No.” I said.

“You very well could’ve and maybe dreamt it all. If you don’t think so because you woke up somewhere else it could’ve been that you were sleep walking.” He said.

“I didn’t fall asleep, this actually happened and nothing you say or do can change my mind.” I said.

“Well, maybe as we delve further we’ll find something to prove to you that these were all delusions.” He said.

“I’m Rave, by the way.” He said holding out his hand.

“Rave?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“My moms an enthusiast for odd names.” He said shrugging.

“I’m Megan.” I said not taking his hand.

He let it fall to his side and silence ensued. After a couple of moments I saw two girls, twins, coming towards us. They were identical except they wore different colors. One wore green and one wore white. They had dark brown hair that fell into their brown eyes and fell straight down to their knees. They were both an almost sickly pale and rather lean.

“Hello.” They said in unison when they were standing a couple feet in front of me.

“Hi.” I said warily.

I was still suspicious of them. Trust never really came easily but this was even worse. After all they were all creepy.

“My name is Maria.” The one with green on said smiling.

“My name is Marie a pleasure to meet you.” The other said curtsying.

“Megan.” I said slightly confused.

“We’re just waiting on Derek and Isaac.” Rave said.

“Oh-no, Derek is here. He’s been here for at least ten minutes.” Maria said.