Chapter Nine:

Have you ever been flipping through the TV channels and landed on Discovery channel and decided to watch it for a while? Well, have you ever been watching when they showed UFO’s the ones that look like a triangle? That was what we were basically going to be travelling in. It was shaped like a triangle but a long sleek black triangle.

“Are you guys aliens or from the future?” I asked staring at the thing with wide eyes.

“You could call us aliens even though we’re really from another dimension all together.” Maria said shrugging.

 The ship opened up and I followed them in. The ship looked much bigger inside than outside. There was a whole house inside the small looking UFO.

“Woah.” I said when I was greeted by what looked like a living room slash kitchen.

When you walked in you saw a couch and love seat, both of which were the color of caramel. Behind that was a small table, a counter, a refrigerator, and a microwave. When I sat down on the couch I could see the driver’s seat and out the front window.

“So who’s the driver?” I asked.

“Rave, he’s the only one calm enough to drive the darn thing.” Maria said flopping down next to me.

“I had years of training.” He said.

Suddenly he went to the driver’s seat and the others sat down in the living area with me and there was a jerking motion. My eyebrows knit together in confusion.

“Um…what’s going on?” I asked clutching the one couch arm available to me.

“We’re taking off…duh.” Isaac said rolling his eyes at my supposed stupidity.

“NOW! Wait, I didn’t get to say good-bye to anyone or tell anyone where I was going. Riley and my mom will be so worried about me.” I said hurriedly rushing to Rave so I could get a better view out the window.

We had already started rising.

“Hey, can you land this thing again? I just need to tell Riley I’m leaving.” I said begging Rave with my eyes.

“I wish I could Megan but so soon after take-off there’s no way for me to land this baby safely. I learned that he hard way during training.” He said.

“Well, you’re still alive so land it.” I said stubbornly.

“I’m lucky to be alive.” He said pointedly.

I bit my lip and sat down with the others.

“You would think you wouldn’t have gotten on the ship without telling someone in the first place.” He said.

I pursed my lips noticing how his words were laced with an arrogance that he was trying to hide. I started to drum my fingers on the desk with one hand while my other hand cradled my head. I probably looked bored but I was actually amusing myself with the echoing sound my drumming was making.

“My curiosity got the best of me. I didn’t know if that would be my only chance to see the insides of a UFO so I jumped at the chance.” I said my eyes focusing on a random scratch on the table.

“Haven’t you ever heard curiosity killed the cat?” he asked with a smirk.

“Without curiosity the world would be a dull place even duller than it is now…if that’s possible.” I muttered the last part.

“Why did you give up on going home so easily?” he asked.

My fingers paused and my eyes slowly moved up to meet his.