Chapter Fourteen:

The pictures are of Maria and Marie and that's as close as I could get.

-------------------

“So how did you guys get caught up in this?” I asked curious after her comment.

“I can’t speak for everyone but my sister and I have always been different. Our situation is a unique one that puts us in a rough spot. We aren’t really accepted by anyone. We never would’ve been accepted by citizens and because of what we were we would never be accepted by wild clans. I’ll tell you about that some other time. How we actually got into this mess was kind of odd. Rave came to our village and when he saw us he was instantly intrigued because we were different and after we became closer to him we learned about him and why he was traveling through our forest. We showed him another way that we were different and he proved to be the same. We shared a common goal after that.” She said.

“But how did you guys know you were meant to help save the world?” I asked.

“Yeah, how do you figure something like that out?” Derek asked.

“We didn’t find that out until later.” Rave said.

“Yeah, when we were traveling together to find out if there were others like us we tried everything. We even tried talking to an oracle. I think the oracle was a fake because he gave us nothing. It was actually a fortune teller who was fired by the queen who told us about the world saving thing. We didn’t believe her at first because she was fired by a royal but she told us that she was fired because of the fortune that she gave the queen. She told the queen her son would run away with a peasant. When that happened a few days later we knew she was not a fake. So we decided to go back to her and ask her what she thought our next move should be. She told us about you three and how to get to Earth and back.” She said.

“So they have oracles and fortunes tellers?” he asked.

“Yes.” I said.

“I always thought those were the same things.” He said.

“So did I but I guess they’re different somehow. I’m thinking oracles are supposedly connected to God in a way and that’s how they answer questions and such and fortunes tellers just use magic to see the future.” I said shrugging.

“Did you get that information from your friends?” he asked.

“No I’m just making an educated guess from things I’ve read in Sumberly.” I said.

“Are you sure you didn’t read it somewhere else?” he asked.

“I read it in a book I found in Maries room. I read it in Sumberly while we were on our way to Vitria.” I said slowly.

“Megan, you need to realize” He started.

“That all that was a delusion blah blah blah. You need to come up with new things to say.” I said.

I wasn’t sure what I had said but he smiled and leaned back in his chair.

“What?” I asked.

“Oh, nothing.” He said.

I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously but continued my story without pushing the issue.

“So she didn’t tell you where to find us? I mean you had to use the ship to follow the magic waves we sent off.” Derek said.

“She only told us on Earth we would find three more.” She said.

“So, why were you in their forest, Rave?” I asked.

“That’s a story for another time. Now, we’re at Delaney.” He said.