8 ➳ the call #2

"What did Ryan want?" Leyla asked me as I got back.

"He and 5sos' manager organised a surprise interview with me and its gonna be live on air." I smiled widely.

"Oh my god oh my god oh mY GOD BETH!!" Leyla ran to me and hugged me, almost tackling me down.

"I KNOW."

"This is crazy!!"

"I know, I can't believe it!"

"Well you better believe it girl, these boys love you." she pulled back and smirked at me.

"They don't even know about the interview, this was Adam's plan." I giggled.

"Yeah but Adam must have a reason why he lets 5sos do another interview with you." she winked.

"Oh shut up we have charts to count down." I giggled again and walked into the recording room, over to my place and sat down on my spinning chair.
Leyla followed me, closed the door behind her and then sat down on her chair which was right next to mine.

We both put on our headphones and I pressed the button which played the intro to our show, right after the news had ended.

"Heyyoooo it's Leyla and Beth here. I hope you're all having a great Monday afternoon." Leyla spoke into her mic.

"Leyla are you kidding? Mondays suck. BUT we have something to make everyone's Monday better."

"Oh and what would that be?" Leyla pretended to be surprised but in fact she knew what was coming next.

"We have the brand new 5 Seconds of Summer single right here. It's called Hey Everybody and we're gonna play it in our countdown today." I explained.

"That's right. Stay with us and find out on which place it is. Starting the countdown with number 20 in our ranking today is Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld, enjoy." Leyla said and started the song.

During every song we played we answered most of our calls and recorded the people talking to us, as always.

"Hey, Beth here, what's up?" I answered my first caller today.

"Hi I'm Mia and I love 5sos. I saw your interview with them and I just wanted to thank you from the whole fam for making the guys so happy, that interview is gold." the girl on the other line said which made me smile.

"That's so sweet of you, thanks. We're recording this by the way so if you wanna be on air later you can help us introduce Hey Everybody."

"I'd love to, what do I have to do?"

"Just say something to introduce the song." I explained.

"Alright. You're listening to Leyla and Beth's chart show on KIIS FM and this is Hey Everbody by the best band ever aka 5 Seconds of Summerrrrr."

"That was fantastic, thank you, have a great day."

"Thank you, you too! Bye!" she said and then hung up.

"That was hella cute." Leyla smiled and I nodded.

"Let's continue then."

~♡~

"Now we're getting to some serious business..." I said and a deeper voice into my mic.

"These are the top 3 songs of the weekend..." Leyla continued.

"And we still haven't heard Hey Everybody..." I contiued now and then Leyla took over again.

"Is it possible that they kicked Selena Gomez off the first place?"

"I don't know Leyla, but let'S FIND OUUUUUT." I cheered and pressed the button for the top 3 intro.

"Number three, drumroll please." I said and Leyla pressed the drumroll sound button. "THE WEEKEND WITH THEIR SONG THE HILLS, HERE WE GO." I shouted and started the song.

~♡~

"Only two more songs are left, who will be number one today? 5sos or Selena Gomez again?" I said in a serious tone.

"Tom just motioned to me that we have an important caller on the line that wants to tell us the answer, I guess." Leyla said and I looked at her confused while she just shrugged.

"Hello, who are we talking to?" I said to the caller who was on air now with us.

"Hi, I'm Michael and I think that Selena Gomez will be number one again. I mean, she's perfect and 5 es-oh-es is trash."

As soon as I heard that voice I knew that it was Michael as in Michael Clifford on the other line.

"Michael you're an idiot...uh I mean, thanks for your call but we have to continue the show now." I said.

"You're welcome. I love your show by the way, byyyyyeeeee." he responded and hung up afterwards. I quickly announced number two, which was Good For You by Selena Gomez, and then turned off my mic again.

As I looked over at Leyla she'd already raised her eyebrows at me.

"WhAt?" I asked her confused.

"Uh Michael fucking Clifford just called you?"

"He called the radio station, not me." I corrected her.

"Oh shut up don't you know what that means?"

"No?"

"They're listening to this radio station!!" Leyla freaked.

"Yeah that's kinda cool, what's up with you?" I was so confused.

"How are you gonna promote the secret interview if they listen to us? You can't post it on twitter either because they'll see it!"

"Shit, you're right. I'll talk to Adam quickly, you can finish this without me." I stated, stood up and walked out the recording room.

"Hey Adam, this is Beth from KIIS FM." I said as the beeping had stopped.

"Of course, what's up?" Adam responded.

"Are the guys around?"

"No, should I get them?"

"Nononono, I don't want them to hear this. It's about the secret interview and I don't have much time."

"Alright, shoot."

"Michael called the radio station a few minutes ago which means that he's listening to us. But I can't inform the people out there of the interview tomorrow night if he or one of the other guys is listening."

"Alright, I get what you mean. I'll make them stop right now, no need to worry anymore." Adam said.

"Thanks, I need to go and announce the interview then so hurry up. Bye, see ya tomorrow."

"See ya." Adam repeated and then we hung up and I walked back into the recording room.
Hey Everybody was about to end so I got back just in time.

"And that was our number one, Hey Everybody by 5 Seconds of Summer." Leyla spoke into her mic. "And before all you 5sos fans leave us, we have a special announcement for you guys."

"That's right. Since you guys liked my interview with them so much, we organised an on-air-interview with them tomorrow night so mark your calenders, set timers and tell friends and strangers." I continued.

"BUT, this is a secret interview. 5SOS don't know anything about this yet so please don't tell them about this on social media." Leyla added.

"Right, we want to surprise them. If this all works out they're also going to perform an accoustic song for us so tune in tomorrow night for my late night show." I finished it and played another song.

"That's a wrap." Leyla cheered and high-fived me before saying goodbye and leaving the recording room since her shift was over now.

|-/

I came back from the dead just to continue this fanfic, even tho no one's reading it

what am I doing with my life

- queen murphy ♡