Home

My eyes snapped open to utter darkness.My body was laying down on a cold surface making me sit up a little too fast causing my dizziness to take a level up.I rubbed my eyes trying to focus through the pitch black,"Hello!"I yelled my voice echoing through the darkness.I carefully stood up from the floor and tried to find a light switch.I don't know how long I was trying to find the switch but my legs were killing me,"Hello!"I yelled once more,"Anybody there!"
No response.I sighed feeling my light headed drift a bit.

"Alice."I heard a soft voice whisper behind me,goosebumps appeared on my arms as I slowly turned around to face a faint women and a man.The women had light brown hair,pale skin,and brown eyes.While the man had blonde hair,brown eyes,and tanned skin.Both people resembled...my parents from the picture I have at home.
"M–mom...D-dad?"I nervously whispered,praying it was them at the same time scared out of my mind knowing they were already dead.
She opened up her arms in a welcoming hug,"Alice!"She cried.I moved without thinking and ran into her arms,"Mom!"I sobbed.She ran her fingers down my hair rapidly,her body was warm against mine,"I missed you guys so much!"I whimpered into the crook of her neck.I felt my dads hands press behind my back crushing me against my mothers breasts.

She broke the hug and put both of her hands on my cheeks,cleaning my tears with her thumbs giving me a huge smile,"I've missed you too."She gave me a huge kiss in the forehead.My dad then brought me into a huge hug kissing my forehead two times,"Alice,you don't know how hard it was to watch you suffer without us."My eyes widened,"They were watching over me?"

It felt amazing to have them here with me...but why are we here.I broke the hug as my dad held my hands,I looked into my mothers eyes clearly knowing why I'm here,"I died didn't I."I whispered.She shook her head,"You haven't passed,your soul is still in the real world but your fighting for your life.Your at the Stopping Point where you decide your faith,either you come with us...or stay as Alice."

I looked at her blankly,I'm not dead...but I'm at the Stopping Point?"Why are you guys here?"My dad stepped in,"We haven't moved on until we knew you were going to be okay.You have found your self a really bipolar man who loves you dearly,that's why we appeared in your concussion to say...our goodbyes."My mom held my fathers hand,"I know...that you have wanted to know why we died...why we left you there.Its a weird story but...your father has been wanting to explain."I looked at my father with confusion as he heavily breathed in,"Sit."he sat in front of me and for about five minutes he stared at me.

"One week before your birthday I got in a horrible car crash.I was alright I only had a few scratches but...the car in front of me one of the passengers died.The women died.The boyfriend or husband was furious that night,crying and yelling.There was a thunderstorm that night which caused the crash,since that day I didn't want to leave the house.I was too scared to even drive.The day I did was to leave you at school on your birthday,when you came back...the same man that was in the car crash killed...your mother.He meet me at work and asked for me outside...he told me...that I killed his women and now he killed mine.He killed me after throwing your mothers body at me."
My dad clenched his fists in his lap,"I–I couldn't even tell you happy birthday...I couldn't even...leave you in a save place..."

I heard him start to sniffle up.I was shocked at the true story.Ever since I was seventeen I never wanted to find out why my parents died,I thought it would have saddened me if I ever did.Now...now all I want is for them to hug me and say they'll never leave again.I jumped on my dad as he cried and I cried along with him.I squeezed him super tight till he stopped crying.He let go of me and smiled,"I'm glad you don't think of me as a failure."I shook my head,"How could I ever...it was a terrible tragedy.I would have never thought of you as a failure because I've missed you both terribly."I whispered looking up at my mother smiling sadly.