Nannbenda (2015) [You are truly my friend!]

Director: Jagadish

Writer: Jagadish

Producer: Udhayanidhi Stalin

Starring:
Udhayanidhi Stalin as Sathya
Nayanthara as Ramya
Santhanam as Sivakozhundhu

Song of the Review (Nee Sunno New Moono)

Nee Sunno New Moono
nalliravukku melthaan
nee penno (you are the piano)

nee piano naan tuneo (you are the piano, I am the tune)
naam serndha bombastic
song thaano

Scene of the Review

After a while, Ramya opens up to Sathya by telling her about a "crime" that she committed. Sathya was scared for a second because he believed that she murdered a person. *She kicked a dog as a way to vent her anger towards her boss... a couple of minutes later, the dog dies. An animal rescue group notices the "crime" and put her in jail for a few days* Those few days in jail traumatize her. After she shares her story, she is surprised to see Sathya break out in laughter as he imagined her crime to be a lot worse than what he imagined.

General Comments

Even though I used this movie as my last resort, it was worth every minute. This movie was that awesome. In fact, I watched this movie twice. Anyways, back to my story!

Aside from Nayanthara, I knew no one else from the cast so you could say that I watched this movie solely for its story line. I was laughing my butt off when Sathya got caught as he was trying to escape from his father and his employment tactics. It's the fact that he got caught that made my lips curve into a huge grin. He did not go home but instead he had to use the public washroom. That was something unexpected. I cannot exactly relate with Sathya on the employment part mostly because I have not worked a day in my life. It was also hilarious when the man selling balloons made a heart-shaped balloon. That was funny!

It was quite rude of Sathya to laugh when Ramya told him about her "murderous" past. Dude, Ramya felt a connection with you so that's why she trusted you with such an important part of her past. You laughed at her recount! To be honest, I did not really find the recount that funny. It is true that she kicked the dog out of spite but she did not mean to kill her manager's dog in the process. It was the jail term that scarred her for life. I know that she had every right to be mad at him but everyone has a breaking point where he or she cannot stay angry for that long. I felt that she only reached that point when Sathya yelled at her for her behaviour towards him. She came to her senses only then. I think she went overboard with her anger but that's just me.

I know I talked mostly about Ramya and Sathya so I will actually take the time to talk a little about Sivakozhundhu and Sathya's friendship. I swear, I have never seen a friendship such strong as theirs. I felt that it was inconsiderate of him to keep sending Sathya back to his hometown. He freaking came to visit you!!! I can see his point though. He does not exactly have a good job nor a good home. It would hurt his pride if Sathya saw his living conditions. As a result, he tries to hide his job and his residence location from Sathya. When Sathya finds out, he does not mock him. In fact, he does not seem to mind at all. I mean, at least he has a home he can call his. They do so much for each other. He freaking goes out of town to prove Siva's girlfriend's dad wrong regarding Siva's character. I watched the entire movie without knowing what a teetotaler was. It was only recently that I found out what a teetotaler was. The movie also talked about this other thing-arrack. Do you guys happen to know what arrack is and why is it that if you drink something under a palm tree, people assume that you are drinking arrack? He brings Siva's dysfunctional hotel back to its glory. He went out of his way to request Ramya for a loan despite the fact that she rejected the loan the first time. This shows that regardless of how Siva treated him he would do anything for his friend even if it means that he had to give up his life. That is true friendship right there. I think I know why the movie is called Nannbenda now. This movie highlights the strong friendship between two friends. Siva also tried to help his friend when Ramya was angry at him by making a video showing how Ramya is not the only one with accusations against her. Sathya was also accused of many things too. They weren't exactly as big as murder but they were things nonetheless.

Song Rank (Music Composition: Harris Jayaraj)

1. Nee Sunno New Moono

2. Thaene Thaene Sendhaene

3. Enai Marubadi Marubadi

4. Dappankuthu Mettula

5. Neeraambal Poovae

6. Oorellaam Unnai Kandu

A/N

I tried to talk about the movie as much as I could for this movie since I think I barely focused on the movie for my last review. Once again, please comment about my reviews. Please give me feedback. I request you guys to comment about my writing. Only then, I can improve. Thanks for reading. Don't forget to comment and vote.