Part 54: Prince Arthur and Adelena

Prince Arthur: The Noble Stud

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I was stopped yet again in my tracks. Merlin had to open his big mouth. Of course, he was right. Father would be furious with me if he knew his precious ward and daughter had their fun ruined by me his son. Was that not what I was SUPPOSED to do? Cater to the kingdom especially the nobles? At least that is how my father saw it. And even more so he loved Morgana dearly as if she were his own daughter and now his true daughter had returned to him. I felt as though I were in a pickle. I did not want to ease up on Merlin, but I looked to Morgana. She had a smirk on her face and she was trying to hide it.

I turned to look at the girl that I grew up with. Humiliation was displayed on my face. It only grew when I saw my sister, whom I barely knew by the way. Adelena was laughing, hysterically, might I add! I crossed my arms and looked at the both of them with disbelief. Merlin's goofy grin only grew when he looked at the two girls. His eyes were on Adelena and he broke into a fit of giggles as well. I sighed. "Is this humorous to all of you?" I was starting to get frustrated. No one was taking me seriously and it was all because of Merlin's stupidity. I gazed at my sister and realized that she probably wanted to have this good time. It would be good for her to get to know Morgana.

Adelena: The Humble Jewel

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Honestly, Arthur, don't be ridiculous. Putting Merlin in the stocks when he has done nothing wrong? Please? He was simply doing us a favor. Do not punish him for following orders?"

Prince Arthur: The Noble Stud

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I gazed into her eyes. Her giggles and smile had disappeared completely. She was dead serious. I couldn't believe it. I unfolded my arms and then threw my hands in the air. "Well, I guess if I follow through with this punishment I will simply be the bad guy." I pointed to the three of them. "And I am never the bad guy. Merlin, take the ladies out for a good night, but I got my eye on you!" I paused and raised an eyebrow at him. "One more thing. I am still waiting for my flowers. I don't find it fair that Morgana is the only one to receive tokens of your affections." I turned on my heel dismissing him punishments... for now.

Adelena: The Humble Jewel

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I was grateful that Arthur had let Merlin off, but I wondered if smuggling Morgana out now was a good idea. I tried to concentrate on what we were trying to do, but something bothered me. I was getting this sense that maybe Merlin was liking me. However, Arthur's words about Morgana and Merlin's affections some what worried me. Was I jealous? I shook it off. There was no way. I barely knew Merlin!