Doppled in Gray [chapter ten]

[A/N] I would usually put an Authors note at the end but this pertains to the reading. I haven't edited the wattpad version of this but I made Pher her brother instead of her boyfriend. It makes stuff way less confusing in further chapters. Trust me on this. Also I explained who took care of them in an earlier chapter. One of these days when I have time I'll edit the earlier chapters on wattpad but not right now. Anyways comment/vote/fan if you like? Thanks :)

CHAPTER TEN

Only one pair of eyes stare at me as my scream abruptly stops. I pull my knees up to my chest and stay there just inhaling slowly, trying to avoid the choking sound of tears. Haran takes careful but deliberate steps towards me. My head tilts upwards to see his golden eyes staring at me with an emotion I can not decipher. He reaches a hand out to touch me but I flinch immediately.

“Why did you do this to me?” I whisper as he backs away.

“I didn't. I had to be fair.”

My tear stained face looks up at his in full force. I am shocked and angry but I don't dare respond. My head shakes from side to side slowly before I finally look down.

“It's nothing personal. You did really good, I would have done it to any of the other ones.”

“I know your an Original, Haran, but I didn't know you were that cruel.” I get up and storm out of the room my footsteps clicking heavily on the cement floor. I hear Haran behind me so I move faster, reaching the elevator with enough time to watch it close right in front of his face.

The elevator climbs up slowly and as the door opens I keep walking briskly, trying to make sure Haran doesn't catch up. Out of the corner of my eye I see B who recognizes me and waves but when I ignore him and he sees my face he falls into step with me.

“What happened back there? You were in for like an hour.”

“Haran kept me in there until I pushed myself from under it.”

B stops me and looks at me for a moment.

“It probably wasn't Haran's fault. I mean, he has to be strict. And well after what happened to his partner I wouldn't be in the best mood either and-”

“What happened to his partner?” I interrupt, my brows furrowed and my arms crossed.

“You didn't know? He went on a mission without telling Haran and he died.”

A small feeling of pity appears as a choking sound in my throat but I push it down so that it turns into a single butterfly in my stomach. I refuse to be sympathetic to Haran. Especially not now.

“Not my problem. I'm getting the hell out of his condo.”

B's eyes widen before a wide grin appears on his face. He leans in closer to me as I start to walk again.

“Wait. Are you guys dating?”

I give B a dirty look and reply, “Of course not. He's not even remotely attractive. Well, maybe when I'm incredibly intoxicated he is, but not when I'm in my right mind! What kind of person do you think I am?”

“Too bad, he obviously likes you,” B says trying to hold in laughter.

I snort. “Sure. Now B, can you stop gossiping like an old woman for one second and move faster? I kind of want to get there before Haran does.”

I start hovering fast as I can in the direction but it still takes about an hour to get there. Before I know, it I am throwing clothes into a box with my lips in an angry line. I never should have came here in the first place. Too pissed off.