Chapter 9 - Classes

Isabelle's POV
Today is when class starts. First we had Defense of Darks Arts.

I was on my way to the Great Hall, but I bumped into someone. And it was Cedric

"Hi Cedric." I greeted him.
He smiled. "Hey, Haven't seen you for a long time."

I chuckled. "Yeah, so true."
He chuckled as well. "So, you and Cho are still dating?" I asked.
"Yeah and I think it's going quite well before, but somehow this year, we became a little distant." he replied.

"I see. I hope it goes well." I said.
He smiled at that. "Thanks."
"Going to eat breakfast?" he asked.

"Yeah, I was. Not until I bumped into you." I replied.
"Let's go in together."

I nodded and we walked into the Great Hall.
Cedric went to the Hufflepuff's table. And I went to the Gryffindor's Table.

I sat down by Hermione and ate.
"Finally you're here." she said.

"Sorry about that." I said.

"What's going on with you and Cedric?" Gracey whispered.
"Nothing. We're just friends." I replied.

"Look at the Slytherin Table." Hermione whispered.
I looked behind Gracey and saw Draco glaring.

"Don't worry about him, Belle. Let's just get to class." said Gracey.
I nodded and left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In class, we were waiting, so I was sitting next to Gracey. Hermione sat in front of us. Harry and Ron sat next together.

I saw a paper bird flying. It was so cute until it burned and landed on the Patil Twins desk.
"Good Morning, children." We all turned around and saw Professor Umbridge. 

Great! I thought.

She came up with her wand in her hand and pointed the chalkboard.

"Ordinary Wizarding Level Examinations. O-W-Ls. More commonly known as OWLs." She said as she came up in front of the class. 

"Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, an the consequences may be severe." She said.

Umbridge pointed at the books behind and they started to levitate and putting the books in front of us.

"Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased from now on you will be following a carefully stricter, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic." She said. 

Belle, this is for first years. Gracey said in my mind. 

She is mental. For god sakes, we're fifth years. I thought. 

Gracey chuckled at that. Hermione raised her hand. 

"Yes?" Said Umbridge. 

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" Hermione asked.

"Using spells?" Said Umbridge. She giggled. 

That's the worst giggled that I ever heard. I thought.

Agreed. Said Gracey.

"Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." she said.
"We're not going to use magic?" Asked Ron.
"You'll be learning about defensive speeds in a secure, risk-free way." Said Umbridge.
"What use is that? If we're attacked, it won't be risk - free." said Harry.
"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my classroom." She said. 

She's mental. Gracey and I thought.

"It is the view of the Ministry that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations which, after all, is what school is all about." Said Umbridge. 

"And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Asked Harry. 

"There is nothing out there, dear. Who do you imagine wants to attack children like you?" She asked. "Oh, I don't know, maybe Lord Voldemort." Said Harry. 

Everyone in the classroom went quiet. 

Gracey and I glanced at each other and glanced at Harry. Hoping he won't continue the subject.

"Now, let me make this quite plain...You have been told...that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This. Is. A. Lie." She said. 

"It's a not a lie. I saw him. I fought him." Said Harry. 

"Detention, Mr. Potter."

"Isabelle Chan was there, being tortured by him with the Cruciatus Curse. And she saved Cedric Diggory's life. And passed out." Harry snapped.
"Isabelle Chan did not passed out, she was faking it. Considering Cedric Diggory's life was saved, he was lucky." said Umbridge.

I suddenly stood up when I slammed my hand on the desk.
"I wasn't faking it." I snapped.
"Voldemort almost killed Isabelle. You must know this!" Harry snapped once more.
"Enough!" Umbridge shouted.

Harry and I stopped.
"See you later, Mr. Potter. My office." And she giggled. And then she turned to me.
"I suggest you sit down, Miss Chan."

Gracey tugged my selves, but I ignored her.
"I would not sit down, unless you will believe us." I said.

Umbridge was furious. "Detention, Miss Chan. Tonight with Mr. Potter."
I glared at her. Gracey made me sit down.

"What do think you were doing?" Gracey whispered.
"She pissed me off." I whispered back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dance Class
"All right, students. Let's stretch our arms and legs." said Aunt Lucy.
We formed a line and we stretched out arms and legs for 5 minutes.

"All right. Now, this is an assignment for all of you. And it has to be done in 2 days. I have a list here for your partners." Aunt Lucy unscrolled her paper and read.

"Hope she doesn't say my last name." said Grace.
"I hope not. Your Father is still being traced." I whispered.

"Granger with Weasley
Zabini with Parkinson
Smith with Potter
Diggory with Chang
and Chan with...Malfoy."

"Oh....you're with Harry." I teased Gracey.
"Oh, shut up." she said as she punched me in the arm.
I giggled.
"And you're with my cousin. Have fun with him." With that, she gave me a wink.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Draco and I did our steps and we did it perfectly.
"Okay, this assignment is due in 2 days. Have fun and class dismissed."

I grabbed my belongings and I saw Draco going out. I caught up with him, by grabbing his arm.
"Draco, can I talk to you?" I asked.
He didn't turn around and look at me. 

"Not now. I'm busy." he replied.

I sighed and let go. 

"Okay...then...um, I'll see you later then." I walked out of the classroom and went to Potions.

In Potions class, I can tell Gracey's not enjoying it too well.
She's making a potion that I don't even know. She put something in her pot, which made it explode. Gracey's face was covered in black.
I covered my mouth, trying not to laugh.

"Um...Grace, you put---" she cut me off.
"I know. I know....I put in the wrong ingredients."

I nodded, and let out a giggle.