Chapter 37 - Cedric's Last Words

Isabelle's POV

The Great Hall"Today, we lost someone who is a good friend to us

The Great Hall
"Today, we lost someone who is a good friend to us. Cedric Doggory. He's the most loyal and kind friend. He joined his friends to fight and he chose to do this. Last year...Miss Chan saved his life in the Third Task. Cedric Diggory saved her life from the Killing Curse! He didn't die in vain!! Remember that! Now, this is the day we will remember Cedric Diggory....a warm hearted, loyal, and a kind friend." Dumbledore announced.

I held in my tears, by covering my mouth.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The Black Lake
After listening to Dumbledore's speech, I went to the Black Lake.
I always go there.

I remembered the letter that Cedric had. I pulled it out and looked at it.
It has my name on it.

I opened it and started to read it:

Dear Belle,
I really wanted to say this when I first met you, but I guess this is the better way.
I love you.

But, I realized that you loved Malfoy as much as you loved me. And I understand that.
You gave me a chance to be with you, holding your hand, seeing your smile, and thank you for being there.
As a friend....I wish you good luck, hope you and Malfoy will be together again. I see the way you look at him.

He's the key to your heart, I tried to unlock your heart, but it seems I couldn't. Only Malfoy can do that.
He still loves you, I can tell.

Belle, I want to tell you that I love you so much.
Guess....this is a goodbye.

Goodbye

Cedric

Tears are dropping on the paper and I wiped them, but they kept on coming.

Thanks for understanding, Cedric. But why did you have to risk your life for me? I thought.

I couldn't cry anymore, so I went back to the castle. Until I saw Cho, crying.

"Cho?" I called her.
She looked at me with tears.

"You're lucky, you know." She said.
I looked at her confused. "Cedric...he loves you the way you are."

I stood there quiet.
"I'm sorry for your lost, Belle."

"Don't be sorry. It's my fault." I said, sadly.

"No, it's not. Cedric risked his life because he loves you." Said Cho.

"Cho, didn't you know? Cedric and I broke up but we remained as friends." I stated.

"I know. But think about it. He wants you to go on." She said.

I sighed.

"I'd better be going." With that I left and went to the common room

As I was going there, I bumped into someone.

Why do I always bump people? I thought.

I was about to step back, until someone pulled me into his chest.

The scent....mint?
"Thank goodness you're all right."

It was Draco. I just stood there, don't know what to do.

I pulled back and looked at him. His Greyish blue eyes, looking into my chocolate brown eyes.

"How you're feeling?" He asked.
"Fine." I muttered.

"Well, you don't look like it." He said.
I sighed and stepped back and was about to head the Gryffindor tower.

"Belle." I stopped, but I wasn't facing him.
"Do you still love me?" Draco asked.

I didn't know what to say. Do I?
I mean, I cry every night, just for him to come back to me. Who am I kidding?! My heart still hurts.

"I don't know." I replied.

Draco's POV
"I don't know." Belle replied.

What?!

"I don't know about it anymore. I just lost Cedric as a friend and....my heart still hurts from what you said." Belle added.

"You know that I didn't want to. I had no choice." I said.

"Of course you have a choice!!" She snapped.
I want to argue back, but she beat me to it.

"You have a choice to pick, Draco! You could've just let me know!!"

"I did that to protect you!" I snapped back.

"Well! Does it look like I need protection?! No?! I don't! I can protect myself!!" She shouted.

I just looked at her stunned.

"I don't know what my answer is...but let me think about it." She said, with that she left.

I sighed at that.

How long do I have to wait? How am I going to get you back?