Goddammit, Dan! 14

Well, at least my skin has gotten a natural tan as far as I can think of the things I am grateful for in my life at the moment. I've also lost much weight, but not without getting my arms and legs toned.

After stopping three more times every 40 or 50 kilometres, without Chris giving me any of his hot, spontaneous kisses, we reached at a mini airport that looked like it was going to shut down since none of its planes were flying or landing. None.

We walked up to another dodgy looking old man that looked like his retirement was overdue. 

It's going be okay Payton, maybe this one won't be as much as a perv as the last one.

We walked up to him and he started looking at us up and down, to see if we were any threat I suppose. 

"How much for one of them?" 

God damn how high my eyebrows must've risen up right now! 

The owner looked at Chris and scowled. "Why should I be trustin' you boys to not steal one let alone be able to ride one?"

I raised an eyebrow. My eyebrow game is going pretty strong by the way.

The man was right though, why didn't they steal one and how come they even know how to RIDE one! These guys are just full of surprises.

"We wouldn't be standing in front of you right now if we were going to steal any of your planes, sir, and we can definitely ride one, I assure you."

Why is Chris talking to him in a respectful way?

"I ain't lettin' you boys take any of my planes until you've shown me your licenses!"

"Maybe we can negotiate this over money. How much do you think will be enough to rent one?"

"I won't take-"

"Sir, I don't want to be disrespectful, but you need the money and you know it. It looks like it has been years since this place hasn't been used and looked after properly and you'll need the money for some repairs. I'm surprised it hasn't been shut down."

The man narrowed his eyes at Chris and held the stare, until his expression became one of defeat. He still scowled though. This one was definitely stubborn. Not a perv, but stubborn.

"Yeah, okay. You got me there boy and don't mention this to anyone! Now give me fourteen-hundred dollars and I'll let you have that blue and white one with the numbers 679."

"Make it $850 and we promise not to tell anyone."

"You think $850 is gonna do any good for me?"

"You need all the money you can get, or you can lose the place", he challenged.

"$900".

Chris looked over to Luke and they made a mutual agreement. Chris nodded.

"Fine."

He raised an eyebrow but held an open hand towards Chris. "Hand it over boy".

"We'll give you $980 if you don't tell anyone about us".

"Why?"

"You don't need to know that. We both benefit from this."

It took him a few minutes but then he said "all right, I won't tell on any of you boys here. Must be runnin' away from a gang or somethin', is that right?"

"Close", he said, and nodded to look to hand over the money.

The man walked off to get the keys for our plane.