A long dusty ride. Part 8

It has been 4 hours and 30 minutes since my unfortunate eyes have seen nothing but dust, dried out trees and dry land. And dust.

My dress is feeling uncomfortable, my mascara that's on my face is also dried out and uncomfortable, I feel sleepy and really stupid.

Oh my! I see something. It's a - it's a dead rabbit... With it's guts spilled out and all. Looking at me as if I was the bastard who ran over it and laughed while it lay dying.

Seriously. That's how it was looking at me.

This reminds me of the day when my year 9 class was doing a science experiment where we were dissecting rabbits.

Our school ran out of rats and frogs, so we had to work with those rabbits. I bet we could've found 20 rats underneath any of our classrooms if I would've dug a hole in it. Which I asked for when I went up to Mr. Richards. Grumpy old man he was. He said no, and I didn't bother him further more, because his cat, and only friend in the world, had died because it over-ate.

They said that his cat died because when they investigated the cause, they found out that Chickens broke into mrs. Franny's pantry and ate all her food.

Anyways, that day I was partnered with Dewy Redford. It had been five minutes since we had started on our rabbit dissection and Dewy had already started paling as white as Snow White, puked, and fainted.

Then the whole class started screaming. Well, girls mostly. I could hear them saying "eww", or "omg! That is like, sooo disgusting!" I think I heard someone crying in the background. Wonder what that was about...

My eye brows were slightly raised because of how much time that all took to happen, but immediately it turned up into a scrunched up face, because of disgust and fear. I was in class full of people who made fun of the sick kid instead of helping him. 

The mess was cleaned up, Dewy was taken to first aid, and I went back to wielding my scalpel through that bunny, while also feeling sorry for it.

*Snap back to reality*

"That poor rabbit. I mean, it kinda looked creepy and disgusting, but I bet it was a cute and fluffy before it died."

"Well, it knew it was gonna die someday."

"Oh my god that is so cold!"

"Well it was gonna die sooner or later. Just didn't expect it to die this soon. The stupid thing decided to hop on the road when it should've seen a fast moving vehicle coming towards its way."

"It's rabbit family must be so worried. They don't even know if he is dead..or she is dead?"

"I'm pretty sure rabbits don't have feelings, unless you attack them, take their food away, or feed them. Which is either angry or happy. Hungry too maybe."

"Well I'm sure they do."

************************************* 10 minutes later

"How much longer till we reach wherever we were planned to go? I'm guessing Kentucky because I saw a large billboard saying Kentucky quite a while ago."

"I don't know. An hour or so..."

"Ohhhh."

Oh no, I'm feeling sleepy. Slowly drifting away. Must do the impossible and keep eyes open. But-but, there's nothing to see... And eyes are slowly closing... Damn. Stuff it. I made myself comfortable and rested my head on Chris's back while keeping a firm hold on him so I don't fall off.

Immediately. His back stiffened.

"Get comfortable" I groaned sleepily.

And then everything blacked out. But it didn't last long.