Chapter 2: The Pilot

I walked over to the pilot room. Again, the reason was to get away from Alex. I can't stand him for even a minute. Plus, the pilot was a good guy so I might as well chat with him till I get to Earth.

"Hey, Max!" The pilot, Robert, greeted cheerfully. "I needed to talk to you about something."

"Yes?" I asked, hoping it wouldn't be about the mission.

"It's related to your mission." Robert said.

Shoot. Maybe I'll die from fear till I get to Earth.

"I wanted to tell you where you'd live on Earth." Robert continued. "You'd be staying with the Martin family. We have found out that they've got a room for rent and-"

"Wait." I said, cutting him off. "Hasn't anybody got a house arranged for me? How can I live with another family in the house? And there's only one room for me and....."

"You haven't got only one room." Robert interrupted. "There are two."

That sounded good.

"The bedroom and the washroom." Robert grinned.

"Not funny." I said. "Mind telling me how I'd fight battles? I haven't got any weapons."

"Battles won't be like what you're expecting, Max." Robert said "There won't be warriors travelling on horses and carrying swords."

Phew. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"In fact, there'd be soldiers in tanks shooting fireballs at you." Robert said after a pause.

Ohhh. This guy definitely wasn't helpful.

"But don't worry because you have got special powers." Robert continued. "You'll learn how to use your powers through the CD given to you. You got that in your bag?"

"Yeah." I replied, thinking he was all nuts. "So you said the room was on rent. How am I going to PAY the rent?"

"There's enough money in your bag to pay the rent of a month. After that, you'd fortunately find a job and will be able to pay the rent." Robert answered. "You EVER checked your bag?

"Yeah, I did once."

"What did you find in it?"

"Potatoes."

"Huh?" Robert blurted, feeling surprised. "What were potatoes doing in your bag?"

"A few months earlier, I went to my uncle's and brought potatoes for him."

"You EVER checked your bag after it got prepared for The Launch?"

"Nah."

"I've got a feeling you aren't gonna survive on Earth."

"I know."

The spaceship stopped and the door on my side opened.

"Who are you waiting for, dude? Go!" He yelled.

"You mean that I have to go down?!"

"That's what I mean!" He shouted and pushed me out of the door.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

The wind made my clothes flap. In about twenty seconds, I could see the Earth. I shut my eyes tightly. That's when my speed of falling got less....less....less. In another second, I set foot on the Earth, my new home.

Thanks to my new voters: Sattcloud22, Jules992,thewanderess, Broken_Window

This chapter is dedicated to Jules992 as she posted the most comments.