Chapter 6: A Crazy Plan

<Caleb's P.O.V>

I ran away from there, hoping nobody saw me. I could feel my heartbeat in my chest. I couldn't believe I had actually......murdered someone. This seemed so unreal. I had a hope that it was just a bad dream, that it would soon end, but it wasn't happening. I sneaked out of the school gate. The streets were deserted. I ran towards my home. Mr. Tyler couldn't have survived that fall. He must have died. And the worst part was that I was the one who killed him.

<Max' P.O.V>

Mr. Martin agreed to drive me to WSO(World Space Organization), where I'll be cleaning windows.

"So are you happy with the job you'll be doing?" Mr. Martin asked, starting the conversation.

Is a window-cleaner ever happy with his job?

"Kinda." I replied.

"I can understand." He said. "What job did you so before, anyway?"

Oh, dang. I started coughing, just to have more time to think of the answer.

"Umm......are you okay?" Mr. Martin asked.

"Yeah." I answered. "I get sudden attacks of coughing."

"Here we are." Mr. Martin said, stopping the car in front of a huge building. He unfastened his seatbelt and got out of the car. I looked at the giant building; WSO, my new workplace.

<Caleb's P.O.V>

I raced towards my home. I only had one thought in my mind, I had to run away. I sneaked through the back door and tiptoed to my room upstairs. Ok, Caleb, think about the positive side, I thought. Well, is there any positive side? If anything good came out of Mr. Tyler's death, it's that I'll always remember that citric acid is found in lemons. Come on, Caleb, your life is in danger and you're joking? You know you have to run away, then why not do it as quick as possible? I took a deep breath. There's no other choice. You have to do it. Run away. I stepped down the stairs as slowly as I could. Mom had went to do her job at the daycare center, so I was alone in the house. I entered the kitchen. I opened the refrigerator and scanned it. Eggs would be of no use because I don't even know how to cook them. Chocolates would melt, so rule them out, too. The only other choice was fruits. I took all of them to my room upstairs. I also grabbed a milk carton. There were only a few apples and oranges. I took the books out of my schoolbag and dumped the food in it. I filled two bottles with water and packed them in my bag, too. And now, I was ready. I grabbed the bag and went out of the house. Think again, Caleb, think again. I started running as fast as I could. There was no turning back now.

-------

Thanks you so much for the 100 comments, guys! And yeah, the adventure starts!