Chapter 3: A New Home And A New Family-Part One

The good thing was that I landed in a pool, so I didn't get a bit hurt. I crawled out of the pool and saw a building beside it. This was a pool in somebody's house! A door opened. I tried to hide myself somewhere but it was too late.

"Who's there?" I heard a man's voice.

I knew he would just come there and find me, so I got out myself.

"What are you doing here?" The man asked, his expression darkening.

"I was just....umm...." I tried hard to think what I should say but nothing came to my mind so I just said the truth. "I'm looking for the Martin family. I heard they've got a room for rent and-"

"I'm Sam Martin and we've got a room for rent." Sam said.

"Oh, I'm glad to hear that." I said, trying to smile.

"So you jump in people's houses and ask for rooms for rent?" Sam asked.

Silence. I didn't know what to say.

"Anyway," Sam Martin continued. "Come in."

I followed him into the house. I was curious to see what human homes are like.

I entered the house. There was a kid sitting on the sofa who got up when he saw me. He walked towards me. I thought he was gonna say hello or something, but instead he said, "Are you on Facebook?"

"I don't really read books." I replied.

The kid got a dazed expression on his face and looked towards his father, who too, seemed surprised.

Did I say something wrong?

"By the way, what's your name?" Sam asked.

"Max." I say. "Max Conwell."

"I'm Caleb Martin." The kid says.

"Okay, so, Mr. Conwell, why don't you get some rest till dinner is ready?" Sam said. "Caleb, show him his room."

"Okay, Dad." Caleb answered and took me upstairs.

------------------------

I know, such a short chapter and updated so late. Hopefully, another chapter will be up tomorrow :)

Thanks to my new voters: Zaniahsoul, generation-music, and many more! We reached Top 500 in Science Fiction!