Chapter 8:Heartfelt Conversations-Part One

It was Caleb, no doubt in that. I walked towards him. The leaves crunched in my steps. Caleb also looked at me, and his face got filled with horror. He took a step back, thinking to run away from me. But it was pointless, considering that I had already seen him. I guess he must have realized that too, because he returned to the place where he was standing before.

"What do you want?" He said, narrowing his eyes to me.

"I just want to talk."

"About what?"

"Caleb, I know the truth." I said. "I know that you..."

I had only said that much when he started running, deep into the woods.

"Caleb, wait!" I cried. "I won't tell anybody, I promise!"

But he kept running. I also took off after him. I had to catch him. I had to talk to him. After a few moments, his feet got tangled in a bush. He tried to get his feet out of it, but due to his panicking, he couldn't do it fast. By the time he got out, I had already reached there.

"Why're you running away from me?" I asked.

"You said you know the truth. I would get arrested now." He replied, his eyes filled with fear.

"No, you won't." I said, trying to calm him down. "It's not your fault if you knew the 'eye-control' trick."

"I should have worn headphones." I muttered to myself.

"You don't know everything." He looked relieved.

"Well, you can tell me everything." I said.

"Why should I?" He said.

"Because I know it's a strain to keep secrets." I looked at him.

"But why should I tell you?"

"It's your choice." I said. "But you have to teach me that 'eye-control' trick."

"Never!" He cried out. "That trick is the reason why I have ran away. That trick is the reason why my life is doomed."

"But I have to learn how to defend myself." I went on. "And I know that I will soon die, today or tomorrow."

-------

Hope you liked this chapter! Don't forget to vote!