Chapter 4: Anything For The Mission-Part Two

"Um...well, I'm okay with that." I said and got up from the dinner table as I had finished my piece of roasted chicken.

I went into my room and closed the door. I was eager to check out the "powers" CD, whatever it was about. I got the laptop, headphones and the CD out, and sat on the comfortable bed. I turned the laptop on, slid the CD in, and put the headphones in my ears.

<Caleb's P.O.V>

I was trying to sleep when I heard voices from the next room, the room we had given on rent to Mr. Conwell, who thought Facebook was a book's name. He was surely watching a movie on his laptop. The volume was pretty high, and he didn't even bother to wear headphones. Anyway, I wasn't troubled by it. I didn't want to tell him to wear headphones or turn the volume low. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep like always, so it was better to listen to a movie.

"Welcome to this wonderful audio." It began. "Through this audio, you'll learn how to use powers, which will make you different from other people. So let's start. We will begin from 'How To Make Things Move With Your Eyes'. First, look at the object you want to move. Concentrate hard on it. Then, when you move your eyes, the object will also move to the direction your eyes moved to!

<Max' P.O.V>

I paused the audio right there, and stared at the vase on the table. I moved my eyes slowly, but nothing happened to the vase! I knew this was a bunch of baloney!

<Caleb's P.O.V>

Maybe what they said in the movie was true. What if we could really move things with our eyes? I decided to give it a try. I concentrated on the alarm clock beside my bed, then quickly moved my eyes. And guess what? The alarm clock rolled on the floor! The trick worked!

<Max' P.O.V>

I closed my laptop. Robert must have made this to tease me. Wait, I just saw that I didn't plug in the headphones! I just put them in my ears! Anyway, it doesn't matter, I thought, and went to sleep.