Chapter 8: Heartfelt Conversations-Part Two

"First, answer my question." Caleb said, narrowing his eyes at me. "Who are you?"

"I'm a Venkerian." I replied.

"A...what?"

"A Venkerian." I repeated. "I lived on Planet Venker, but I was sent here to complete King Venker's mission."

"Wait a minute. Where's this Planet Venker?"

"About 20,000 kilometers from Earth." I answered.

"You came from another planet, really?" Caleb's eyes widened.

I nodded in reply.

"So why can't astrologers see Planet Venker through their amazing telescopes?"

"I don't know. Maybe it's because it's too small to be a planet. They must have thought it's just a huge piece of rock."

"And what's your mission?"

I sighed. I was sick of answering his questions.

"The population of Venkerians were increasing each day so King Venker decided to take over Mars. But turned out that humans had the same plan. I was sent here to stop them from doing so."

"So-"

"No more questions." I cut him off. "Teach me that eye-controlling trick."

"Why do you even need to learn it?" Caleb said. "No one knows you're an alien, right?"

"Why have you ran away?" I said. "No one has found out you know that eye-trick, right?"

This made him speechless.

"I killed someone using that trick." He looked at the ground.

"No one knows about it but still you have ran away."

"I think we're running away from ourselves. No one knows what we have done, but we're still afraid; afraid of getting caught. We're too scared to face our mistakes. I'm scared to face the truth that I've killed someone and you're afraid to face the truth that you're a spy who's starting a planet war."

I looked in his eyes, with the thought that I've finally found a friend; one who understands my feelings.