Chapter 5: A Change In Life-Part One

<Caleb's P.O.V>

I didn't sleep that night. I spent the whole night controlling the alarm clock with my eyes; hurling it towards the door, smashing it at the wall, or rolling it towards my bed. I couldn't wait for the morning to come, to have fun with this trick in school.

<Max' P.O.V>

I tried to sleep that night, but I couldn't. Thoughts entered my mind. "I'm a failure. I'm not able to do a simple trick." I couldn't decide whether this was a fake or not. The voice in the audio wasn't Robert's. But there are a lot of Venkerians who like teasing me, so it could be some other person who made this audio with Robert. I took a deep breath. Well, if Robert wanted to make me confused and upset, he definitely succeeded in it.

<Caleb's P.O.V>

The ringing of my alarm clock woke me up. I didn't know when I had fallen asleep. The excitement to use my powers got me ready for school quicker than usual. I came out of my room, hovering the alarm clock in the air with my eyes.

<Max' P.O.V>

What?! What did I just see? I had woke up from my sleep, and was getting out of the room when I saw Caleb, staring at an alarm clock in the air. Was he using the 'eye-controlling' trick? He was so busy in doing it that he didn't even notice me coming out of the room. Suddenly, it all came clear to me. I didn't wear headphones last night and Caleb could hear every word of the audio. He succeeded in doing the trick, even though I was supposed to. I'm a failure. I'm a failure in everything.

----

Finally. This chapter took so long for me to write so please leave some comment, and most important, don't forget to VOTE!