Chapter 7: Admitting Defeat

After twenty minutes of window-cleaning, I just thought it was better to quit the job. But I had to complete King Venker's mission, even though there was no way I could succeed in it. Up to this point, things have been going crazy. First, a fourteen-year old defeats me in the 'eye-control' thing and proves I'm a failure. And then, I decide to start window-cleaning, hoping I would get secret information. That was a really dumb move. Who would even tell a window-cleaner about the progress on The Launch? To be honest, I didn't want to complete the mission. Earth was better than Venker. I was bullied almost every second on Venker, whereas I haven't faced such a single event since I got to Earth. So why should I fight against the people who haven't done anything to me? And it wasn't their fault. They just wanted another planet to live on, so they discovered Mars. How were they to know that King Venker found it first? The best thing to do now was to run away, and not come back until The Launch happens. Then, I can live on Earth like a normal human and nobody ever has to know the truth. Yes, that's a great plan. I don't care about King Venker or his stupid mission. I walked over to Mr. Gonzalez, Head of WSO.

"Umm.....sir?" I said. "I'm feeling really dizzy and sick and...'''

"And you want to go on leave?" He asked.

I nodded. I knew he would say no, but surprisingly he didn't.

"You can." He said and handed me a piece of paper with something written on it. "Show this to the guard and he will let you go."

I nodded and walked away from there, showed the slip to the guard, who let me go. And then I started running, deeper in the forest. I stopped to breathe. That's when I saw a figure sitting under a tree. He hadn't noticed me. Wait.....could it be? It was Caleb!