Chapter 5:- A tender moment in time

[1 months later]
[Retalia, Floor 30]
[Retalia's flee market]
[Slay : Lv 48]
[Cydella : Lv 43]

It's been 1 month since I rescued Cydella from the monster and truth to be told, she's been pretty helpful. Even though there are times where I find her annoying but that's just a part of her. We can't always stay depressed because we're stuck in this accursed game. Someone gotta move on and steer a path for the people here. I looked at the tower and clench my hand into a fist. 'I'm gonna destroy that boss and free us all from this place' I thought to myself. As I keep on gazing the tower, I heard footsteps coming closer to behind me. I looked around and I saw a group of people coming close to me or more correctly going past me and towards the tower. I stepped aside and let them pass. They move pass me and I ask someone about them. Apparently they're all in a guild called 'D'Slayers'. Today they're moving to floor 31 to floor 40. I looked at them and shrugged them off my mind. There's no use meddling with them. I called out to Cydella and she came running with a meat and a bunch of food for tonight's dinner. I smile at her and we make our way to our temporary home.
The clock chimes six times and make another small chimes indicating it's 6 P.M . The clock will make chimes according to the time that it shows and another chimes to indicate if it's P.M or A.M . Big chimes sound indicate it's A.M, while small chimes sound indicate P.M . A convenient way to tell the time in this place. I called out Cydella and we sat for our dinner. After saying our prayer, I started to eat but I notice that Cydella keep on watching on me. I stopped eating and looked at her. "What is it Cy? There's something on my mouth?" I started to touch it but Cydella just shake her head. "No that's not it. I found you really interesting. In 1 month, you manage to level me up to level 43. I was surprise. If it's me, it would take more than 1 month just to level up to level 40+" I looked at her and smile. "I'm not that awesome. I just know my way here and the monster here that gives the best EXP even though we're in a party." Cydella looked at me and smile gleefully. "That's right. I knew. Slay is always finding a way to get us out of this place. That's why I wont question Slay anymore. Trusting your partner is the key to establish a more powerful bond" said Cydella with an over satisfied face.
After dinner, we quickly went to bed. Cydella always sleeps next to me because she said she feels more secured with another person with her. I looked at her and tapped her head "are you sure you wanna keep sleeping next to me? I might do something you know?" Cydella chuckled. "Slay is not like that. You're a good guy and I can safely say that I trust you with all my might" I quickly blushed because of what she said. I took a peek at Cydella and found her smiling at my blushed face. "good night. Slay". I touched her hair and said "Good night, Cy".

As I looked at the window and into the sky, I wonder if we will ever get out of here?