Chapter 9 : Reunion

[Bursubia Town]

[floor 60]

Cydella was restless. Ever since she reached this town, she had been restless. Nae and Sylvia tried to calm her down by saying 'He'll be back' 'Don't worry. Slay is a strong guy. He'll came. Just believe in him.', but that didn't work. Even if it did, Cydella would only calm down for a while before worrying like a puppy who lost it's food. Sylvia can't do anything about that. All they could do is wait for her prince charming to make it's return to her. The problem is.. WHEN? when will he be back? All of these question swirls in every of Slay's party member.

[3 days later]

3 days later with still no news from Slay. Cydella suggested a search party for him. It's not like no one has come and search for him. They did but they can't find anything. Rhonde, who was deeply in debt with Slay, lead the search party to search for him. They search for 3 days but in the end, there is no body to be found. They did found the reaper's tomb there suggesting it was defeated. Rhonde returned to Cydella and the other with a news that could be considered as a bad. "I got some good and bad news. The good news is, the reaper was defeated but the bad news is..Slay is nowhere to be found. I'm really sorry miss Cydella. I know he's a great person but under that condition we must assumed the worse. He could be-" Nae stops Rhonde from talking further. Rhonde looked at Cydella and nodded. He stand up and silently left. Sylvia looked Cydella and hugged her. "It's okay Cy. He'll be back. No body there means he's still alive right? He could be resting somewhere. Just trust him. He promise to be back right?" Flashback of Slay's promise came into Cydella's mind. biting her lower lip to suppressed her tear, she nodded and calm down.

[2 week later]

The night seems a bit heavy. Maybe it's because of the meal or maybe it's because of how Cydella act that night. Ever since morning she had been quiet. She talked about it to Nae. "Call it a woman's instinct or whatever, but it seems like Cydella is planning something. I hope it's not too dangerous". Said Sylvia. "Relax. She's fine. Besides, there's no way that dude could've died. He's way to stubborn like our little miss Cydella here". Sylvia looked at Nae. 'hey, don't say stuff like that. She might heard you." "Ohh shit. sorry. Hey, it's already late. Let's get some sleep." They agreed. After checking on Cydella, they went to bed.

As they were about to sleep, a loud noise can be heard from the living room. As if something has been broken. They immediately went to see it. As they reached downstairs, they light up the living room and instantly it was bright and a glimpse of the culprit was seen. Although only a little, it was enough for Sylvia to deduced that it was Cydella. Immediately, they pursue her. Cydella has no intention of slowing down. Her goal was simple. Went to the dungeon to rescue Slay. Sylvia knew all too well this was going to happen. They keep on pursuing. The dungeon is dangerous at night. They learned it the hard way when they farmed there once at night. The monster you normally see in the morning was replaced by vicious monster with level higher than the floor level. They keep on pursuing her and then they went into the dungeon. As if that wasn't bad enough, the door was shut tight with only by defeating enemies on the floor would allowed you to leave. Monster with level 70 on their status showed up. Sylvia frantically searched for Cydella and found her cornered by three monster. Nae and Sylvia kill monsters and runs towards Cydella. As the monster was about to attack Cydella, Sylvia cast a barrier around her and both of them enter. "This barrier should hold up for us. It's okay Cy. Don't cry" Cydella hugged Sylvia like a daughter who needs her mother. "This can't go on. If we keep staying inside, sooner or later we'll be dead!" The timing couldn't get much worse. The barrier had a little crack thanks to the monsters who keep on hitting on it. Sylvia looked at both of them and said "This is it." both of them hugged each other while Nae stands to protect them. In a few seconds the barrier will break and the monsters will come in. When that happen.. "Skill 1! White impact!" Far off, a voice can be heard, seconds later the ground shakes and all of the monster disappear . Dust covers the barrier, after sometimes it disappear. A silhouette could be seen coming closer to them and then offer a hand to Cydella. "Are you okay? Cy?" The first time those words are spoken, Cydella knew it was him. She couldn't hold back her tears. She nodded and took his hand and immediately hug him. Nae pulls Sylvia up and immediately hugged her. She could've protested but strangely enough, she was happy this way. Tears flowed down her face and hugged him tighter.