4th trip to the counsellors

May be triggering and I've tried to handle this in a sensitive manner (nothing to bad but just wanted to let you guys know)

Christie lay on the hospital bed, half-asleep, trying to stay awake and fight against the medication. A child's cartoon was playing on the television in the room, that she shared with two other people, she watched it absentmindedly, smiling at the colours.

A woman sat in the chair to her right. "Hello Christina," she said.

"Christie please," she said softly.

"Christie, I am Elise, I work with the hospital in the psychology department. How are you feeling?"

"Better."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Tears began to stream down Christie's cheeks as she looked up at the white ceiling. A tissue was pressed into her hand. Drowsily she reached up and wiped her tears away, a few falling onto the pillow and sheets.

"Thank you. I shouldn't have done it...I just wanted it to end, you know. This week it's just killed me...emotionally I mean," Christie said, closing her eyes.

"Christie you were very brave for calling the ambulance and that you asked for help. Is there anything we need to know immediately before we talk to your parents?"

"No but if I wasn't so...like this...I should have just..."

"Christie it's alright we'll get through this."

Christie's eyes raked over the woman, she was pretty, brown hair and brown eyes, business clothes. She was...Christie didn't care anymore.

"Can you tell my Dad that I'm sorry and if you see that woman who saved me say thank you," Christie said as Elise got up to leave.

"I'll let him know, Christie if you ever need any help there's a nurse on call. By the looks of things you'll be spending some time here but don't worry we'll work through all this together, alright?" Elisa said, reaching over and breaking protocol by taking Christie's hand.

She was genuine.

A/N: Short but the next chapter is longer and we'll hear a bit more about things in this chapter.