100

Marc opened the envelope at the end of the day, he'd been fidgeting with it and at one point threw it against the wall. I'm going to be guilted into forgiving her aren't I? he thought. Curiosity finally overtook him and he ripped it open, the book fell into his lap and opened up to a middle page.

Taking the towel off his shoulders and threw it onto the floor before tucking his legs up and taking the book and flipping to the first page.

1/7/13

Kip squeezed my butt again, last month I thought it was slightly flattering. He was sort of cute but now he makes me feel sick. I decided to write this down after reading that it can help sometimes and it could help proving that he's doing the wrong thing, I hope that psychologist knows what she's talking about.

3/7/13

He called me slut again. I've never slept with anyone.

Marc flicked through a year's worth of arse grabs, boob squeezes, suggestive slurs and suggestive gestures, each entry making him more uncomfortable.

18/9/14

I think I'm going crazy. If Kip slips his hand up my skirt one more time I think I'll kill him. I'm failing geography because he's there. He keeps pegging pornographic images at me. I know it's Spring but I'm never leaving the house without stocking and a jumper.

19/9/14

I don't want to live anymore. I left school early today after Kip told me what he wanted to do with my body. We don't have enough money to bring a case against him and I can't change schools because we don't have enough money for a private school. The police won't do anything. If I hear the excuse "boys will be boys" I will hit something.

11/11/14

Mum found out about me wagging geography after I'd forged a note. I sat in the toilet, trying to keep my lunch down. My geography teacher saw me before and after school and notified the office.

14/11/14

I fought with Mum again. She doesn't get it. I moved schools in Year 8 because I was doing Year 12 and was bullied by people in Year 12 and other grades. There was only Astwright High School to move to and I thought if I did Year 8 like other fourteen year olds I'd be normal and now all I want to do is get out. Everyone has abandoned me.

Marc flicked to March, as during December through to February Christie only seemed to become more depressed and had detailed her self-harming process, which made him want to cry. Her depression worsened especially as she began to take anti-depressants. Thoughts of suicide frequented the pages as she skipped school as much as possible. All she wanted for Christmas was pepper spray. There were no incidents in January and February as Kip was in America and all Marc could see was the fear of Kip coming back, splattered on the page in black ink. Marc noticed the change in the style of writing. Each line only had five words on it.

It was March when Marc noticed that Christie really was affected. Research on methods and the fear of hurting herself were put on the page. Quotes from Sylvia Plath, Emily Dickinson and Virginia Woolf also made their way onto the page.

21/3/15

Kip kissed me today, behind the science block. I was in shock for the first few seconds as he put his tongue in. Tegan stopped him and he ran away leaving me to explain everything.

I think today's the day I'm going to die. I'm sick of trying to eke out a reason for my existence. I keep making bargains with myself but tonight there's a house party. I'm going to get drunk, have sex and tomorrow I can leave this world feeling like I've lived.