Chapter 3

(Richard's p.o.v.)

We both walked to the office. I glanced over at him for a minute, he looked unusually excited. I narrowed my eyes at him and turned my attention ahead when we arrived in the office.

I sat in one of the two chairs. He sat in the other one, scooting closer next to me. I didn't mind much....but I noticed he had been checking me out. I guess he didn't notice that I caught him. "So Vincent....how long have you been working here?" I said this to get his attention. He perked up and looked at me.

"2 years. I assume you've never worked the day shift..," he spoke. "I've worked the day shift a couple times before, but I....well, was switched." I explained. He nodded in agreement.

Richard took on the task of watching the security feed while Vincent checked all other entryways occasionally.

(Vincent's p.o.v.)

I suddenly looked up from a vent and turned to Richard. He was staring blankly at the tablet, but you could tell he was focused. I couldn't help but admire his frame, especially since he was a lot older than myself. A bit surprising, he looked a whole lot youn-
Richard looked at me with a concerned look, "You alright? You've been staring at me for a while now..." I shook myself out of my thoughts.

"Ye-yeah...I'm okay."
I looked back down into the vent, embarrassed.

(No one's p.o.v.)

The 6am bell chimed, indicating that their shift was over. Vince got up and stretched. Richard yawned and stood. The both of them left the office and headed for outside. "Goodnight Richard," Vince said as he made his way to his car. Richard nodded and got in his car.

(Richard's p.o.v.)

I began to drive home, letting the heat take its time to warm up. This night went by a lot slower than I expected. That man didn't give me too much of a problem though, that's probably why. Turning onto my street, I undid my seatbelt and pulled in, sighing heavily from exhaustion.

I took off my coat and flopped onto my couch. Vincent's present sat under my small Christmas tree, by itself. I reached over and grabbed it.

"It wouldn't hurt to open it now....right?"
I opened the small colorful box...