Chapter 13

Richard's p.o.v.
As soon as that bell chimed, I was on my way. Leaving that "creature" behind. How dare he? Who the fuck does he think I am? I walked up to my car, quickly and calmly getting in before I completely lost my temper. Another shift of this bullshit. Wish I could just leave. Forever.

No one's p.o.v.

Richard surely wasn't happy. But he didn't mean what he was thinking. He loved working here with Charles and keeping that girl, Al, in check. Or at least he used to. He had enough on his plate, he didn't need any more emotional stress. And looks like Vincent added to it.

Or maybe Richard is just a big fat cry-baby...

On the ride home, Richard seemed to slowly lose himself. He began thinking differently, almost entirely forgetting why he was angry.
The man was losing his sanity, and things weren't looking too bright for the others. Vincent, on the other hand, was still rather taken aback from Richard's words. He could definitely agree that what he did was stupid, but the harshness in the man's tone made him a little down. Disappointed was more like it. But he kinda did deserve it. He should've known better.
______________________________

      A few days had passed. Each day painfully closer to spring. The air was warm, pollen flew in the breeze, clogging up people's sinuses~

      The warm heat just made Richard hornier and hornier. Of course this lead to... inappropriate thoughts. But what was to be expected? Looks like Vincent's little offer was starting to become more tempting. Was he really mad or was he just over exaggerating again? Richard wiped the sweat from his brow. It was already 7:00 and it was still hot as balls.
The weather had really been fucked up this year.

      The cool nights were the only escape from the heat the guys could get. But even then it was still warm and humid in their bedrooms. Richard laid awake in his bed. The sheets covered his torso down as the rest of him was exposed. The window cracked open to let in the breeze and the ac was on high. The old man narrowed his eyes as he watched the ceiling above him. All he could do was think. His thoughts about work and Charles soon trailed off into his twisted sexual desires. The heat still got to him through the coolness of the room.

      Richard bit his bottom lip, sighing heavily as he began to think about Vincent's offer. He seriously didn't care about the money at this point. He just wanted to relieve himself on someone. Vincent was the only someone who would let him, and actually enjoy it. Work was in a few hours but the dirty thoughts in his head prevented him from sleeping. Vince also had work, which just provided a chance for Richard to strike. His pupils glowed softly in the dim room. All he wanted was someone to sleep with. After all, he hated sleeping alone.
______________________________

      Vincent whistled faintly as he walked down the barely visible hallway. His coworker was supposed to be here by now. What was taking him so long? He peered down at his watch, squinting at the time. Lifting his head up to look, he jumped slightly to the sight of Richard.

"Heh, took you long enough," Vincent joked. The rim of Richard's hat hid his face. He began to walk closer, staying silent. Vince took a step back, cautiously watching him. Richard walked right past him. Okay...? Vincent thought. He followed behind him from a distance. The shift was agonizingly slow, but a cup of coffee to keep them awake did the trick.
A minute before their shift ended, Richard reached over. He gently put a hand in Vincent's shoulder, causing him to turn his head and look. Richard stared into his eyes, a bitter, lustful look appeared in his own. Vince could only sit in silence.
"I apologize for yesterday. I wasn't thinking clearly. I hope you didn't take what I said personally...," He began, "remember your little offer from yesterday? Is it too late to take you up on it? I could use a bedmate tonight..."

Shocked and completely dumbfounded from his words, Vincent shook his head. Was this seriously happening? A small grin appeared on the other's face.

"Lovely."