Chapter 11

(No one's p.o.v.)

Vincent had managed to find Richard's room. The hallway outside his room was quiet, allowing him to sneak inside. He was actually surprised it was unlocked. Considering how damaged Richard was. Damn, he thought to himself. Charles got him pretty bad... and Vincent actually felt a sense of sympathy for once. Well, he did like Richard. The old man was still unconscious, dead-looking. Vincent gave a heavy sigh before stroking Richard's arm and whispering in his deep raspy voice, "I can't wait until you heal up...then maybe we could have some fun~."

Richard, of course, didn't respond. But Vince was still satisfied by getting to talk to him without being hit or glared at. Life was peaceful for Charles now that Richard was in the hospital. No more being watched in his sleep or answering awkward phone calls, or dealing with him in general. Of course he hated having to call in the other guards to work Richard's shifts, but that was the only bad thing.
     Things were just.... better.

A couple weeks later Vincent had been released from the hospital, able to head home and Richard was in better condition. Some of his wounds and scars had healed almost completely, the others still needing some time.
     "Ahh-....hnn, it stings! Stop..."
Richard groaned in pain as the stitches from his arm were being removed. The nurse gave him a reassuring smile, "Hey, sorry. I'll be done soon. I'm surprised by how well you're recovering... I mean- after seeing the way you were a few weeks ago," she trailed off from the thought. Richard clenched his teeth, squeezing his eyes shut from the pain.
     "And done! There we go, I'll come back later to give you your medicine. Make sure to get some rest," the nurse headed for the door.

Richard thought for a moment before getting her attention, "Wa...wait."
"When can I get out of here?"
She glanced back at him, smiling sweetly, "When you're all healed up. Don't worry, your insurance will cover this."

She left right after the comment. The room went silent once more.

Vincent had been well every since he left the hospital. Obviously he often wondered about Rich, thinking about the two of them... together.
Ugh, that man. Yeah, Vince wanted to see him okay and well, but he also wanted what was in his pants. Heh, like he'd ever get it...
The only chance he'd get at that is if Richard had slipped into one of his episodes near him. Well, he'd either be killed brutally or he'd be bent over a desk, helplessly. Oh that wouldn't take too long...

(A few months later)
All was well for Rich. He had been released from the hospital and he was physically okay. Mentally and emotionally broken though. The pain from knowing that the person he once called his friend was too much. Of course Charles had disliked him, hated him even, after "the incident". But he spared himself the guilt of seeing Charles again by simply skipping work. He was barely alive anyway, what was the point?

Vincent had been spending a lot of time with Scott, seeing as the too of them were technically friends. Scott knew all about his little secrets. Including his craving for a certain man...

     "Yeah, uh... why do you want me to help you exactly?" Scott questioned. Vincent was desperate, obviously. He decided that asking Scott to help him win over Richard's affection would actually work in some way.
   "You're crazy. You know that he's in his fifties?...Right?" Scott continued to explain to him.
   "So?"
   "Did you just say 'so?'"
   "Heheh, Scott. Don't worry. I know. Why should that stop me though? Have you seen that man's gut?"
   Scott cringed and looked away, "Never have, never will. I'd rather talk to you later," he got up from his seat, "You horny little shit..."
____________________________________

The day came when Richard had actually decided to go to work. It was Charles' day off and he saw this as an opportunity to go without seeing him. Or so he thought.

The purple man walked into the building, surprised and slightly afraid that Charles was there.
    "Richard?"
Charles stood there, shocked by how much he recovered. Richard held his breath for a moment, wishing that it wasn't to late to turn back and go to his car.
    "Haven't seen you in a few weeks..."
Richard didn't respond he only gave him that gloomy look. The building's front doors open suddenly. There stood Vincent, peering at Richard and Charles,
   "Bad time...?"