Chapter 8

(Vincent's p.o.v.)

Should I worry or be relived? He's gone now at least. I seriously need to calm down. But I can't help but feel like he's going to hunt me down and kill me. That question was not a big deal. I sunk into my couch, overthinking what I had said.

       My heart was still racing from the thought that he could've killed me on the spot. Should I get some rest to get it off my mind?
__________________________

(Richard's p.o.v.)

        I immediately pushed my foot down on the gas pedal. Speeding wasn't my main concern right now. I had a feeling. A bad one. Vincent was up to something...I could tell.

        That question was just going to lead to more unnerving ones. In a panic, I tackled Vincent, pinning him down to the back seat. That sure got rid of him, for now.... But something else tells me he'll be back. I focused hard on the road ahead me,

"And so will I."

        I arrived back to my home in a couple minutes. My car's head lights shut off as I closed the car door. It was dark. Dark and cold. Why complain though? The weather has been messed up all year.

(No booty's p.o.v.)

       While Vincent locked all his windows and doors as well as barricading the front door, Richard got some rest. The old man had been up all day and sleep was only a privilege. He didn't need to, but it felt good to....even though he hadn't slept in months.
        He slept on his couch. It was cold and lumpy and he just hated to sleep alone. But he had no choice. His wife and child were gone. And so was he. Vince, on the other hand, was flesh and blood. A young guy with....a couple criminal records....

         To Vincent, Richard looked like he was in his late 30's. Boy, was he off. But who could blame him? Rich looked pretty young his age. He slowly drifted off, falling asleep rather slowly. His dream was quick and his actions were swift. He regretted having to fall asleep.  His eyes shot open as soon as they had closed. It was morning.
         Richard felt like shit, Vincent felt like shit. Everyone felt like shit. But...this morning was different. Richard glanced around, his eyes wide. He slept on the couch but woke up in his bedroom.

           Being too tired and confused to try and find out why, he got out of bed and put some cleaner clothes on. Work was not really something he worried about. He felt like he had no business at the pizzeria. But then again, he was the main reason for all the losses that had happened over the years.

            Vincent was no more innocent than Rich. He too had committed a crime. A deadly one. But unlike Richard, he meant it. He enjoyed the pain and suffering of the kids. Truly sickening would be something the other purple man would say. But sadly, nothing was done to stop them.

              Well...not nothing exactly...