Chapter 10

(Vincent's p.o.v.)

"Hello?" I called out as I entered the pizzeria. I saw Richard's car outside so I assumed he was here. But everything was dark and quiet. Too quiet. I snooped around a little while, forgetting that I was supposed to be looking for Richard.

Maybe it was my imagination or something. I heard a faint pained groan. I've heard these type of noises before but all of them came from my head. The noise began again. I cringed and tried looking for the source. I could've sworn I saw something in the office-

(Third person p.o.v.)

            Vince tensed up. His body froze at the feeling. Heavy, metal hands clasped onto his shoulders before he could take another step. He didn't dare to turn and see what had grabbed him but he had a feeling he knew. Vincent was pulled back and dragged back down the hall. As he was, Vince managed to catch a glimpse of what- or who was in the office.

          Richard had already passed out from blood loss. He looked more lifeless than he already did. But everything remained silent; even Vincent as he was pulled away into the shadows. The night went rather quickly after Charles had decided to call an ambulance 2 hours later.
The ambulance arrived in a rush, taking in the beaten up purple man. Vincent's unconscious body was also found after a brief search from the paramedics.
__________________________

His eyes slowly flickered open. All the man could hear was a faint beeping noise in the background. Groaning softly, he looked around with a puzzled face. The hospital room wasn't big and too cold for comfort. With a doleful look he stared at the casts around his arm and leg. He could feel the right bandages around his head and shoulder, but paid no mind to the pain that still came from his covered scars.
"Mr. Wilford?" A female's voice broke the sad silence. He squinted in the direction of the voice. She smiled warmly and stood at the edge of the bed. She's a nurse. He could tell from the uniform.
      "Heh, I'm glad you're awake. The antibiotics you're taking will be given to you every couple hours. Please try and rest and if you need anything, call in from the speaker beside you." Her voice was soft and caring. He couldn't help but stare. She turned her gaze away and cleared her throat to snap him out of it.

       "I already gave you some of the medication before you woke up. Again, If you need anything, just call," and with that, she left the room. Richard took another look around. White walls and medical equipment. He sighed deeply, wondering what he did wrong.

Oh yeah.... That.
Out of all times, why did Charles get so worked up over that one time? He needed to learn how to keep his mouth shut. Always getting into something. Right now he seriously needed to rest instead of stressing. This man had done enough of that.

(No one's P.o.v.)

The old man slowly dozed off. The silence and stillness of the room was comforting and it gave him time to think. Charles, on the other hand, couldn't give two shits if Richard was in the hospital. "That's where he belongs. He sure got what he deserved," is something he would say.
The door to the hospital door opened slightly, revealing a familiar looking face.

"I see that you're asleep Richie~," whispered a deep raspy voice.