Chapter12- The Lightwoods Are Back

Three weeks later
I stood in the elevator with Jace, Alec, Damion, and Isabelle. Jace had his arm wrapped around my waist and I was getting the mud off my arms. Alec was pissed off at Jace and me. So were Izzy and Damiom but they weren't nearly as mad.

"Are you still mad?" Jace asked looking at Alec. Alec glared at Jace.

"I'm not mad." He said. I rolled my eyes and rubbed the ashes off my nose.

"Oh yes you are." I said. Alec then glared at me.

"I am not." Alec protested. "Just because you said dragon demons were extinct-"

"Mostly extinct." Jace and I said. "Mostly is the key word in that sentence." I stated.

"Mostly extinct isn't extinct enough." Alec hissed. I laughed and shook my head.

"We're sorry. We must've not been studying our demonology enough." I said sarcastically. "I'll be sure to change the entry from 'almost extinct' to 'not extinct enough for Alec. He prefers his monsters really, really extinct'." Alec shot me a look while Damion snickered and shook his head.

"Stop fighting." Izzy's said calmly while checking her reflection in the mirror. "I thought it was fun." She turned around beaming.

"How do you never get any mud on you?" Alec asked looking at his sister.

"I'm pure at heart. It repels the dirt." She said with a wink. Jace and I let out a snort but I covered mine up with a cough while he stood there laughing.The elevator came to a screeching hault and we walked out of it.

"I'm hungry." Isabelle said. "I wish mom were here do make something."

"I don't. She'd already be screeching at us about the rugs." I said taking off my gear. They all laughed.

"You'd be right about that." A voice said. I turned around and saw Maryse Lightwood standing there with her arms folded.

"Mom!" Izzy said giving her mother a hug. I smiled at the scene and took the pins out of my hair. Alec gave her a hug and Damion did too then sat down on the bench to take off his shoes. Maryse looked at Jace and me and gave us cold looks. Jace and I looked at each other then went back to taking off our gear. "Where's dad and Max?"

"Max is in his room and your father is still in Alicante for buisness." Maryse said still hugging her children.

"Jess!" I heard a little boy yell. Speaking of the devil....

"Hey, Max!" I said hugging him. "How was Alicante? I missed you!"

"It was awesome!" He said mesmorized by the thought. I laughed and ruffled his hair. He scoulddd me and fixed it. "They showed me how to make seraph blades, so I'm going to ask Hodge if-" Jace and I both glared at Maryse as Max spoke. I was shocked. Hadn't she told him about Hodge?

"Max, go to your room. You five, go get cleaned up. Jace and Jessica, come to the library when you're done." Maryse said. Jace and I looked at each other then went to our rooms.

I pulled off my clothes then took a shower. I wrapped a towel around myself then put on a pair of black leather pants, a black crop top, and my vest hoodie. I threw on my combat boots and put my hair in a ponytail then left my room.

"Hey." Jace said as he left his room.

"Hi. What do you think this is about?" I asked. He shrugged while putting his arm around my shoulder and we walked down to the library. Maryse was standing next to what used to be Hodge's desk with her back turned to us. "Maryse." I said. She jumped a little and turned around.